Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume value help for Variables/Input Parameters in BOBJ reports

shi_yu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dears,

We need to do some BI analysis based on calculation view which created in SAP HANA Studio SPS07.

Variables/Input Parameters are used in the view, and the values for them are derived from other views/tables.

For example, the values for Variable V_SAPClient are derived from the view SAPClientValueHelp;

the values for Input Parameter P_ControllingArea are derive from the view

When we execute data preview in SAP HANA Studio, we can choose values for Variables/Input Parameters from value help.

I tried to create a data foundation based on this view, and then create a business layer. But when I execute a query based on the BL, I found that there is no value retrieved for all Variables/Input Parameters.

I also tried another way. In SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1 SP2, I created a crystal report using HANA DB as the Data Source Connection, but the result was similar to previous way.

So how can we consume the value help for Variables/Input Parameters? Don't we still need to create Lists of Values in Data foundation? or create parameters in Crystal Reports?

Your help will be very much appreciated!

Thanks and Best Regards

Shi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shi Yu,

Help values for Input parameters and variables can be achieved by creating derived tables in data foundation tab. You have to create manually List of values for those parameters. It is very well explained in below document.

It works well.

Kulwinder

shi_yu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Kulwinder,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Actually, the way that we currently build our universe and reports is just like you shared in the document, set up data foundation and business layer, manually create parameters and lists of value, based on them to build analysis reports.

And now, we find that some new features are covered in new HANA SPS07, it supports new value help function when data previewing. So we want to know can we directly use this new features in BOBJ reports.

thanks and best regards

Shi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on what help functions you are talking about in SP 7 revision. I didn't come across anything which will cover consumption of help value function of input parameter  in BO 4. I think still we need to handle this with same technique mentioned above as per SP 7 revision also.

Regards,

Kulwinder

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shi Yu,

I don't have internal information about BO development, but when I was in touch with than at beggining of HANA development what I could see is a tremendous different of delivery things due to really amazing development cycle of SAP HANA (every week we got one inside SAP, and customers also receive the newest features/corrections in short time).

What you can configure on HANA and test on Studio Data Preview is always all the possibilites of metadata.

Due to fast cycles on HANA Development not all these metadata are handled from clients, normally due to  speed and number of updates released. This doesn't means also that there's a planning to handle all client necessity.

So, for the time being I'd say that you need to model it again on Crystal.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

shi_yu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando Ros,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I think we should just wait for new client tools release which can support those new features.

thanks and best regards

Shi