Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding posting of links

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/message/14903918#14903918

In the above link I have posted the answer as, you can't able to transport queries instead you can download the query from one system and upload to the other system and given reference links for doing the upload and download of queries.

Here I haven't posted just the links alone, it is just a suggestion which I have given, but still the moderator has rejected my content with comments "Don't post lists of links".

Can you please clarify on this.

Regards,

Thanga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the valuable inputs and replies. Will keep in mind about this discussion when I post any links in the future.

Regards,

Thanga

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here I have not given the direct answer to his question, it is just a suggestion or option which I have provided. Bulk answer can be taken into account only when the link has the whole solution related to the question. Please correct me If I am wrong.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the discussion.

Strange MODERATION  : Dont post just links .

Here you will find your reason and why SCN doesn't accept only link.

By the way this discussion is rejected...

Regards

Dev

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Thanks for the reply, my question here is I haven't posted the links alone, I have given the idea or short discussion about how he can do it and posted the links for reference.

Regards,

Thanga

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thanga,

what short details you have provided there was nothing defferent with respect to those links, if you are taking any answer from any link itself, that means you are choosing your answer from some other person's work, and i think this is against ROE.

So your post has been removed, please understand one thing that if you will provide any information that is someone's own work, its not justificable.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a matter for (in this case) my judgment. If I think the links are the bulk of the answer, rather than supporting the answer, then I will reject it.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So my doubt is, if I would have posted my comments alone without links then it wouldn't have been rejected, right ?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is no link then no chance to reject your reply.

When you provide reply with link, it needs text description which supports the same topic.

if it have only junk links without related text support then it will be rejected.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned earlier I haven't posted just the links, I have given my comments which support the link.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also I have seen some posts which has only links that are marked as correct answer.

I guess the decision to reject content varies from one moderator to other. Moderator can either reject or don't reject if he/she has the good rapport with the person.

Please tell me how it can be solved.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It varies from space to space and moderators to moderators..In future if you see similar replies which only has link or multiple links than you can alert the moderators by tapping alert moderator button.

Also check this discussion:

Regards,

AL

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About Posting links rejection started on October/November end 2013(think so).

its purely applied at Data warehouse forums and some other forums also.

"I guess the decision to reject content varies from one moderator to other. Moderator can either reject or don't reject if he/she has the good rapport with the person"

its wrong one. if moderator aware of this junk link or thru notify moderator, he would definitely reject it. actually all forums need to follow the same. You can share the proof of rejected reply which have links. so that moderation team will take further actions.

Thanks

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raman,

Thanks for the reply. The content was deleted and I couldn't see it again in the discussion since it is locked.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanga Prakash wrote:

So my doubt is, if I would have posted my comments alone without links then it wouldn't have been rejected, right ?

Probably not - so long as it wasn't cut and paste or violated the rules in some other way.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanga Prakash wrote:

. Moderator can either reject or don't reject if he/she has the good rapport with the person.

You are accusing moderators of favouritism and partiality! That's inappropriate, especially in the face of such a minor thing as having a post rejected.

Whether a post is rejected or not is a judgement call; up to the individual moderators. Being human, there will be variation. Obviously in this case, you thought they were ok. I didn't. If you don't want me to reject your post, then please make sure you put more original content into your reply. If you are unsure, don't post links.

However, if you post a really apposite, helpful reply, and then put 3 or four links after - then you are still risking your post being rejected. What I am trying to achieve here is that any links posted add value, but I'm not going to go through each link posted to verify this. I have a day job.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Sorry, i didn't mean to accuse the moderators. Yes thanks for the inputs will stick to the same whenever posting any links.