cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect password while creating new user id from access request screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm encountering typical scenario while creating user id from access request screen. i.e When i select multiple system's where the user id has to be created by selecting Request type = User creation and when after submitting the request, the request goes to the respective L1(manager).

When the L1(Manager) approves the request, the requestor is getting email containing new user id, password's in the selected systems(which are selected while submitting the request). Upto here everything is fine.

But, the user is getting wrong password's in the email. Can anyone let me know where the problem is/how to retectify the error.

PFB the snapshots for reference.

Email content

Thanks

KH        

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you implemented soution for restricting password lenth as per password parameter in RZ10

if not please gothrogh below information

For generated password length, you need to add or change entries in PRGN_CUST table.

For the entries and procedure check the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/cc/4a0ff78271bb4399c80e659466f828/frameset

Regards,

Shripad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shripad,

I cannot able to access the link which you have mentioned.It says :

The page cannot be found

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In the PRGN_CUST for each plug-in system you can set the Password lengths, characters, etc. I suspect that's what the link was showing.

Look for the GEN* values:

GEN_PSW_MAX_DIGITS    Values between login/min_password_digits and 40 (default) - max.number of digits in generated password (Note 662466)

GEN_PSW_MAX_LENGTH    Values between login/min_password_lng - 40 (default)- max. length of generated password (Note 915488)

GEN_PSW_MAX_LETTERS    Values between login/min_password_letters and 40 (default) - max. number of letters in generated password (Note 662466)

GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS    Values between login/min_password_specials and 40 (default) - max. number of special characters in generated password (Note 662466)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I really appreciate your prompt reply...But i cannot see any entires in the table PRGN_CUST.

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I Doubt it's your issue

in su01 when you choose random password these parameters limit what is generated. GRC leverages the code for the password. You can set the length etc by maintaining that table

i suspect the system is generating correct password but somehow GRC is getting sequence wrong

dud you check change docs for user to see if only one password set for the account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea of change doc's...could you please guide me with that.

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Go to the plug in system and check the user change docs to see if password only issued once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the change docs and following is the snapshot

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Were you abke to testif any if the 3 passwords in the email notification is correct?

if one of them is then it's the GRC notification as an issue. if none are correct then issue with generating password

Former Member
0 Kudos

None of the password's are correct..where to check password generation?...i'm unable to figure it out.

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you have not yet, I would raise an incident with sap or check marketplace to see if any notes published

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really appreciate your Cooperation. Pls help me to fix this issue.

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can't think of something else to do. maybe reach out to a developer if they can debug the code

if your scenario has 3 systems and you get 3 passwords but none match then it seems like the code is an issue for multiple systems as you've already says it works for single system request

sorry I can't be of help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice

What happens when the request only has one system - does it get the correct password then?

Wondering if the three passwords up there are mapped to the wrong system in the email?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

If the request has only one system, it generates correct password....But in case of multiple system's, it is creating the above mentioned issue.Can you please help me out with any idea/procedure to correct it?

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice

Have you been able to test if any of those passwords belong to any of the three systems?

Also, can you check change documents in the system to see if the password is being issued multiple times?

I suspect (if you haven't already) you may need to raise an incident with SAP

Regards

Colleen