SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write off using Dunning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to write off open items during dunning run in FICA using transaction code (FPVA/FPVB).

Can anyone let me know , which function module i should assign in Dunning Activity for write off.

Thanks

Puneet

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

The FM  that you can use for performing a write-off is BAPI_CTRACDOCUMENT_WRITEOFF.

However, the import parameters for the FM may not get all the values during the dunning activity.

So I would recommend you to develop a custom FM and assign that to the corresponding dunning activity. In the custom FM, retrieve all the necessary parameters and then pass them in the FM BAPI_CTRACDOCUMENT_WRITEOFF

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I also want to do that, but I am not able to decide what parameters are needed and what parameters will dunning pass to the custom FM? I am non technical, have to write in Enhancement Doc.

Regards

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to Amlan's BAPI suggestion:

Ask your developer to make a copy of the Dunning function module ISU_DUNNING_EMPTY_ACTIVI_0350

This function module has access to all the Dunning  structures (i.e. Dunning Header, Contract Account, Items being dunned, etc) while the Account is being dunned in the dunning run.

In your custom code/logic, you can use the appropriate data as parameters  to then trigger the BAPI.

You can find documentation on how use the BAPI in the function module documentation in tcode SE37, or via tcode BAPI.

I hope this helps.

Ivor