cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Inbound using B2B Add on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I m trying to create the inbound EDI to IDoc scenario, and followed the steps in this blog.

I m getting an error in the sender edi splitter channel saying the configuration is not available for the sender edi_splitter, but I do have an integrated configuration active for the same. We have a X12ConverterModule added in the sender edi splitter channel. I noticed, if I take that module out, I m not getting the error on that channel, instead getting a mapping error since the XML conversion is not happening.

Could we be missing anything in the B2B Add on install? Or am I missing any steps?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Anjana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

What is the exact error you are getting about the configuration on the sender splitter channel.  I have been prototyping out several of our B2B scenarios recently and it may be something I've seen thus far.  Also, which service pack and patch level are you on for the B2B Toolkit?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for helping me with this!

The error I got in sender splitter channel is :

"Cannot deliver message: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException: Error occured, cause Can not find a matching configuration for sender party "",service "BC_EDI_SEPARATOR",receiver party "",service "",namespace http://sap.com/xi/B2B/Examples/ANSIX12 action SI_INBOUND_EDI_ANSIX12_INVOICE in table B2B_X12_CTRL_IF".

Please let me know what you think

Thanks a lot!!!

Current Level

Highest Aval.

AS2 ADAPTER 1.0

SP02 P01

SP02 P12

B2B CONTENT 1.0

SP02 P01

SP02 P06

B2B DOCUMENTATION 1.0

SP02 P01

N/A

B2B TOOLKIT 1.0

SP02 P13

SP02 P18

OFTP ADAPTER 1.0

SP02 P04

SP02 P06

X400 ADAPTER 1.0

SP02 P00

SP02 P01

XI CONTENT B2B MAPPING KIT 1.0

SP02 P01

SP02 P02

XI CONTENT B2B TOOLKIT 1.0

SP02 P01

SP02 P03

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

If you go to the B2B cockpit at the URL /b2bic and go into the EDI content manager what does your configuration look like for Ansi X. 12 -> Editor -> Control Key Scenario Association?  Here is a sample from my system for instance although we are actually using TPM:

Also, what does the modules tab of your EDI Splitter sender channel look like?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

This is my control key scenario association.

And my sender splitter channel:

Please let me know if I m missing something. Thanks a lot for your help!

Anjana.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

The first thing you want to switch is the order of your adapter modules in the module chain.  The converter module should be called before the SAP adapter.  If you are still seeing issues after the switch of the order the next thing I would do is change your control key association to .* for all fields except your sender service to see if you can get it working.  The way you have it setup currently the sender & receiver services, interface and namespace must match exactly or the system will not pick that SAP control key to run the conversion of the EDI document.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I did both the changes, now the error is changed to no conversion rules exist for 810/00410.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Anjana.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

If you are getting this message I think the next step is to take the same payload and try to convert in the cockpit from EDI to XML using the same control key.  Technically I would expect the same error in the cockpit.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..We are getting the same error when trying to convert the edi to xml in the cockpit, using the same control key.

thanks,

Anjana.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

You could try re-installing the B2B Content piece but if that doesn't work I would raise a message on OSS.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to reload the ANSI X12 files and got it working! Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Anjana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayan Crosby,

As I am new to B2B Integration, I need few clarification on B2B Integration Cockpit control key scenario association.

1. Is it necessary to add a custom control key for each scenario?

2. Is it required a custom control key  even though  there is no change in the standard EDI  message .ie, Can 'SAP' control key is enough if the standard EDI if I am using for the business?

3. What is the difference on Control key scenario association and TPM?

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

If you are not altering the message definition in any way then you can use the 'SAP' control key - we have done this for all of our X12 messages because we did not need to create any custom message types or alter any to meet our requirements.  The TPM is the trading partner management module which allows you to setup configurations for each partner that will control how you trade data with each separate entity and still refers to the control keys when you create agreements (basically you pick the control key for a scenario in a much more flexible manner).  The control key mechanism is less flexible and requires you to enter data for the interface, business system, partner that would come from the integration directory that the system would use at runtime to figure out which one needs to be selected.

The one thing to understand about the control key is that it is the piece that is key when it comes to converting to/from XML with respect to the required EDI message format.  If the wrong key is selected then you will likely get errors as you will not be able to convert the message appropriately.  I hope this answers the questions that you have.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan Crosby,

Thanks for your valuable information.

If suppose for example I am  using  850 & 810 ANSI X12 formats for 2 scenarios without altering the messages definition.

Default "SAP" control key with ' *'  in  Sender Party, Receiver Party,  Interface Name ,Name Space etc in respective column in control key scenario association table  will take care of  XML conversion of both  my scenarios or whether I need to copy the 850 and 810 message types individually  ( no alteration to the standard message definition ) to  2 different Custom control keys ( CtrlKey1 and CtrlKey2) and need to use.

Since I read  some where that each control key is meant  to be executed with different PI scenario, I got doubt on it .

Please clarify me whether control key 'SAP' alone is required for multiple scenarios with different EDI messages  even though  there are no changes in message definition's .

Thanks,

Tibin

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

We have several scenarios in our production system for X12 820, 823, 834, 941, 943, 944, 945, 947 where no customization was required and we are using only the 'SAP' control key.  You only need to create other keys if you want to logically group any messages that differ from the standard or maybe where you want to try the plain converter.  When the system determines the control key it is used to process the conversion based on how the modules work and in conjunction with the message customizations/structure that you define.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

Thanks Ryan.I am using 'SAP' control key for my 850 ANSI X12 standard message format and I am facing the error in Sender EDI Separator channel. I am refering B2B- EDI Inbound -Step by Step Configuration.

"com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException: senderChannel : Catching exception calling messaging system. Will deliver negative 997 if requested"

Can you share any information for the cause.Is any 997 configuration required?

Regards,

Tibin

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

The options for 997 configuration are by using the EDI separator receiver channel or the TPM configuration (if you are on a high enough SP of the B2B add-on).  The error is pretty generic and doesn't indicate where the trouble may lie but the first thing I would try would be to run the converter in the B2B cockpit to make sure there are no issues with the message format.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

We have tested the EDI payload in B2B cockpit and it converted successfully.But when it comes to end to end scenario,Its not working.Sender EDI Separator throws error.Moreover we are using the XSD generated from Cockpit.

Regards,

Tibin

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

What do the configurations of your EDI separator receiver and sender channels look like for the general area settings?  In total you should have a minimum of three flows to achieve the basic scenario that includes a 997.  One for the inbound 850 files to pass to the separator channel, one for sending out 997s to the sender and a third to pass on the 850 files that are successful to your internal system.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby