cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM JAVA APIs to insert/update using SAP PO/PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on SAP PO/PI 7.4 version and would like to understand how we can insert/update records to MDM.

The source structure in PI message mapping consists of around 50 fields for inserting/updating records into MDM Materials repository.

All these 50 fields go to one main table in MDM (Materials) but some of the fields are actually look up (flat), look up (hierarchy),

Tuple [Multi-Value] tables. How do I do this in PI? I am not an expert JAVA programmer to do JAVA mapping using MDM JAVA APIs. Any guidance is really appreciated from scratch..thanku all

thanks

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thanks. But I have 2 questions

1) Can I avoid MDM JAVA API and just reply on MDM PI adapter for this requirement? Can MDM handle this by import map defined in import manager ?

2) My scenario is a synchronous scenario - I need a final confirmation from MDM as an acknowledgement to indicate all the records have been successfully inserted/updated for that particular transaction. How can I get a confirmation back to PI from MDM?

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) Can I avoid MDM JAVA API and just reply on MDM PI adapter for this requirement? Can MDM handle this by import map defined in import manager ?

>>In case u want to do lookups in mapping then i think u have to use JAVA APIs for that, otherwise u can just rely on MDM adapter.

2) My scenario is a synchronous scenario - I need a final confirmation from MDM as an acknowledgement to indicate all the records have been successfully inserted/updated for that particular transaction. How can I get a confirmation back to PI from MDM?

>>MDM natively supports EO and EOIO mechanism, but certainly sends ack back.

So, in case u want to make ur scenario sync then i would suggest you to ask MDM team to send response message back from MDM and then send the same to Sender (which i believe is SAP?)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot amit. I will keep posted on the outcome later on

mike

Answers (0)