cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SQL System Copy backup restore method with ADS(Adobe document services)

oskar73
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i´m preparing a system copy with ERP 6.0 in windows and SQL server with ADS.

I have a doubt, can i do the System Copy backup/restore method with ADS??

or the only method that works is with system export/import in all instances??

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Is your ADS system separate from your ERP system, or are they on the same server?

In any case, you can use backup/restore to copy a Java system, but you must also make a system export/import for the Java server components.  The two work in conjunction, so that the export tool doesn't export your whole database, only the components maintained in the filesystem.  If you select the database detach/attach or backup/restore method in the tool when going against the Java system, it will prompt you at the right point in the process to make your Java export as well.

The caveat is that the Java export requires downtime, so it isn't possible to copy a Java system without impacting system availability, as it is with a pure ABAP system.

Best regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be more specific, when copying your ADS system, assuming it's a standalone central system, run sapinst (from the installation master dvd, or from SWPM) and choose Software Life-Cycle Options -> System Copy -> MS SQL Server -> Source System -> ... -> Based on <Java> -> Database and Central Instance Export.  When you get to the Database Export screen, choose Use database-specific tools.  This will create compressed image file of your Java export.  Move that, and a backup of your database, to your target server, restore the database, and run the Target System version of the same options in sapinst.  This will import the compressed image file and install a system to use your restored database.

--Matt

oskar73
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt thank you for your quick answer, it's a standalone central system.

I will try the way you described

Kind regards