Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Export and Import

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have two PI server and one ECC server, Now the problem is after completion of development in one server i have to test the same interfaces in another PI server. But this not quality server, in this case what i have to do?. I exported the product and business system from 1st server and imported in another server SLD. In 2nd server i imported Business system from SLD, problem is when in import the ID objects it throwing error with business system.

Regards,

Manigandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste the error description here?

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, Please find the error description . I need this second system as independent system not a quality system.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manigandan

From the error, it looks like ECC800_D is not maintained in the SLD of your 2nd PI system.

This needs to be maintained there. If ECC800_D should be replaced with a different Business System in the 2nd system, you need to maintain both ECC800_D and the "new" Business System in the SLD, and then set the transport target.

This can be done by selecting the "new" Business System, click on Transport tab, and add the Source Business System as ECC800_D.

Rgds

Eng Swee

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply, ECC800_D is maintained in SLD and the same i imported in ID. But i dont want to define the transport target because it is not a quality system. the 2nd system also act to as individual system

Regards,

Manigadnan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check in your source system SLD (1st system), if ECC800_D is assigned to any Group? If you do not want to assign transport target, before exporting from 1st system, remove Related Integration Server from SLD entry of ECC800_D, then only export your ID objects.

If there is a Related Integration Server during export of the Business System, it will try to "translate" it to a target during import, causing the error.

Rgds

Eng Swee

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just i imported my product only, techinical system i triggred from ECC and on top of it i created business system.

is it SLD connection b/w ECC and PI is required?

Regards,

Manigandan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Can you confirm if ECC800_D is maintained in second system SLD?

2) Can you confirm if ECC800_D is maintained in first system SLD with "Related Integration Server" and Group?

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your scenario flow in PI1? if PI1 is communicating with ECC then certainly you should have business system maintained even in case of PI2 system with ECC.