cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Filter Issue for Column having Checkbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day,

I had a requirement in my company to change the values of dropdown for 4 columns having checkbox. By default, upon filtering ALV,

the dropdown values for the columns have Not Defined, True and False. Now, requirement is to change the text to Yes, No and All.

I had mapped the FILTER_VALUES node already from ALV to the view. The text had been changed to Yes, No and ALL.

However upon testing the filter functionality, whenever I select No in the dropdown filter, all records have been displayed, even the

records having checkbox that is ticked. The correct behavior should be that records with unticked checkbox should only be shown.

That is the dilemma I am facing right now, I changed the domain for all 4 fields having Char 1 with range, X, - and space for Yes, No and All.

The former domain in WDY_BOOLEAN.

When I checked the previous filter having BOOLEAN as domain, filter working properly upon selecting False.

Can anyone give me suggestion on how to deal with this requirement?

It seems that SAP do not have functions/method on how to change the dropdown values.

Thank you very much,

Von

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Von,

By default, alv filter line gives you "All" option for drop down field. Hence you no need to have "all" inside the range values of domain. So, you have only " X : Yes & - : No  " as range values 

You can filter it by either "Yes" or"No" and if you need to see all lines then choose "All" from drop down list

Hope this helps you,.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rama, I get what you said, But my problem now is in the Filter functionality of ALV.

Upon filtering the ALV table, whenever No had been selected all records had been selected eventhough chckbox had been ticked. I only need to filter/get records with unticked checkbox.