Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDD&SPAU Adjustment

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When run SUM for upgrade, Its in below phase as in Screenshot.

For this phase, I have couple of Q.Plz guide me

1)We need to hand-over system to Development.Once they are done, Do we need to use same TR for Qua and Prod in this screen?

2)Do we need to import TR which are gotten from Developer in Qua and Prod when get this phase as acreenshot? or Just need to enter TR no alone in this screen.

3)Else If am going to do in Qua, Do I import the SPDD&SPAU adjustment TR before starting to run SUM tool?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1)We need to hand-over system to Development.Once they are done, Do we need to use same TR for Qua and Prod in this screen?

If you have the transport requests for SPDD and SPAU from the first system upgrade then you may use it. If you are upgrading the first system then get the SPDD and SPAU done manually and you can use the transport requests for the subsequent upgrades.

2)Do we need to import TR which are gotten from Developer in Qua and Prod when get this phase as acreenshot? or Just need to enter TR no alone in this screen.

Just enter the transport requests and SUM will take care of it.

3)Else If am going to do in Qua, Do I import the SPDD&SPAU adjustment TR before starting to run SUM tool?

Not required. You just need to provide the appropriate transport requests for SPDD and SPAU in the right fields during the next upgrade.

Regards

RB

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Benjamin for you quick solution.really help me to get more.

If we are having single system like Pre-Production system which is not in landcape, in that situation We will hand-over to developer for Adjustment, Do we need to Import any TR at that pahse or just modification adjustment is enougt?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For single systems you can do the SPDD and SPAU manually

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheen,

For your reference on SPDD and SPAU adjustments process

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/709abcf3-7d77-2c10-8d86-b9d2cb01c...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Benjamin.

But My query is If Developer do adjustment, anyway TR will be captured?Am i correct?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct.

Regards

RB

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

So if We connect with another system, Same TR cabn be used?

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for more and more useful info..

Really right now am feeling good to proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thing if you go in SPAU and SPDD and clikc on the button as Assign transport in Dev and have got another system using the same transport directory. Sum tool will automically read those transport.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks benjamin..

Let me know is it possible to proceed without SPDD&SPAU adjustment ?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I already told you what needs to be done and the possible options.

If this is the first upgrade then there are no SPDD/SPAU transport available. You need to get hold of the developer and get the SPDD/SPAU phases done and get the TR's so in the next upgrade you can use them.

Regards

RB

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for all your valuable soln
Once agin, I would like to know from the below image

1)Is it possible to click "Confirm Adjustment" without doing SPDD Adjustment ( Its for traing system )?

2)In the Support pack upgrade phase, Can i resume my process from where I stopped once close the screen?

3) Is it possible to revert the changes if get error while doing SPAM? Like My previous version is 8. I am doing for 16. If get error while doing 16, Whether can i revert it to 8?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't ABAP developer fix this even its in training system? you can continue but the object affected with this may not work as you expect.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1)Is it possible to click "Confirm Adjustment" without doing SPDD Adjustment ( Its for traing system )?

Yes you can. If you do so then you will lose the modifications done to the ABAP objects mentioned in Tx SPDD. It says that there is one ABAP object that needs adjustment.

2)In the Support pack upgrade phase, Can i resume my process from where I stopped once close the screen?

Yes.

3) Is it possible to revert the changes if get error while doing SPAM? Like My previous version is 8. I am doing for 16. If get error while doing 16, Whether can i revert it to 8?

Yes. You need to restore the backup taken before the patching.

Regards

RB

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Once Again Thanks benjamin

Plz could you explain my 2nd Q how its started with ended session?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Call Tx SPAM and click on the Magnifying glass

Regards

RB

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Benjamin..

Here one of My colleague while doing upgrade "Didn't move any SPDD/SPAU TR".They are requesting Dev team to do manual steps.
Let me know what is the difference doing SPDD TR vs manually for each system like in Qua, Prod? is it correct method/possible to do Adjustment everytime in Qua and Prod..

Regards,
Dheen AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAPM tool will request to add the SPAU/SPDD transport and will be imported automatically during the patching activity. SAP not recommend to import these transport after implementation of patches.

Your DEV/TST/PRD should be in sync and once you have corrected the SPAU/SPDD then no need to do the same activity manually again in remaining systems in the landscape. Transport should be enough.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan

I have an issue with SPDD and SPAU transports.

I am currently done with Support pack update of my ECC6.0 EHp6  (SPS11) of my QA system using SUM  Sp10.

During configuration phase i realized that  the SPDD and SPAU transports where not released in the DEV  system and umodauto.lst wast not created. So i manually released the TR's from DEV and in the QA system , i provided the SPDD and SPAU transport numbers manaully in the configuration phase.

The update completed successfully. Post the update  i see that the  SPDD and SPAU transport requests are not being imported in the QA system.

I went to  SPDD and SPAU transactions in QA system to see if there is any pending objects to be adjusted.but all looks good.

Even i have asked my Developer to verify whether the modification are all  fine in QA and to compare it with the DEV.

I am not sure why this is like this . Do i have any issues with my system.

How do i overcome this in production update.

We have assigned the transport for OCS in the  SPDD and SPAU in the DEV.

Also the  QA update, SUM didn't prompt for SPDD or SPAU. which made me believe that  SUM will take into account of the provided SPDD and SPAU transport number .

Any help is highly appreciated

~cheers

VN

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if We connect with another system, Same TR cabn be used?

Normally as described by RB, the first system it is performed manually by ABAPers.

Normally you are upgrading a landscape, so its your DEV system you do it manualy. Then move on to QA and use those TP's for SPAU and SPDD and same for PRD.

If you are talking about other systems, be very carefull that all components versions match up perfectly from the source to target.

Its a dangerous game..make sure your backups are good.