Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Scheduling in PP/DS on some resources

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My PP/DS team is facing an issue wherein on some respurces when they create a Pl order inside the PP/DS horizon, the system tries to schedule the orderas sson as it is created. In case the planning board is full it does not even create the order. On some resources it creates a pl order inside the horizon without trying to schedule the same. In some rear cases it creates a pl order at the end of the horizon. I think it may ahve to do something with the resource level setting and looking into it.

Any input would help greatly...

Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Check the strategy profile in the planning board and maintain infinite scheduling there if you dont want any auto scheduling during order creation.

Rgds

Kiru

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kirupakaran...but does not the strategy profile in the planning board common for all resources?

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is common to all resources,

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Subash,

There are two strategy profile assigned in the , one is PP strategy profile and DS strategy profile. You need to check both as well as check the Resource planning parameters, check whether it is marked as finite scheduling or not ...  

Regards

Debashis

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deb,

Even though there are 2 profiles are they not common for all resources?

Thanks,

Subash

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

I found the cause...the multimixed resources had 'Synchronization' checked in Planning Parameters on the Time-cont capacity tab. Things are fine now. We had used synchronization because we were pairing the orders on the scheduling board.

Subash