Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Sales order using Purchase order with IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to create purchase orders in one SAP system and Distribute the POs to other SAP system.With received IDocs from SAP system  I need to create Sales orders in the current system.

I checked the IDoc type ORDER05 is used for Creation of both Sales orders and purchase order.

Please let me know whether it will work directly with out any configuration changes and EDI set up.If any configuration changes required please provide them.

My assumption is .

Source system ( Outbound)

Message type : ORDERS

IDoc type : ORDER05

Process code : ME10

Destination System ( Inbound )

Process code : ORDS

Thanks & Regards

Raja Srikanth Guptha

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Process code to create Sales order is ORDE

Destination System ( Inbound )

Process code : ORDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For inbound and outbound orders you will need to use:

Logical Message type ORDERS

Basic Type: ORDERS05

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajasrikanth,

The IDOC structure is available in the system, but you have to do the settings in WE20 and RFC connection settings and lot more. search in SCN for how to set up a idoc, you will get lot of wikis and discussions related to it.

Regards,

Thanga

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your reply. I have experience on IDoc configurations.

Source system - System01 -> Send POs information ( Outbound IDocs )

Destination syste - System02-> Receive POs from System01 and create SO ( Inbound IDocs)

Without having middle wear system between System01 and System02 can we create SO from PO through any type of configurations ?

Regards

Raja srikanth Guptha

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could look at Integrating MM & SD Modules in Same Client to Create Sales order in Supplying Company Code Using PO ... & Part2. In this guide IDoc are exchanged in a single system you will get a list of message and IDoc types. (purchase order -> sales order, shipping -> receipt, invoices, etc.) just adapt to different systems.

Regards,
Raymond