Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting users from Indirect assignment from a role in pfcg !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

Some of my users in a role are appearing twice and thrice with blue colours due to indirect assignments done some 2 years back !

How can i clean this mess ? I wan to delete also some indirectly assigned users via "Org. level", but after deleting and comparison, those users are still there ?? Can any body pl. give me some hints how to do it !

'will be pleased for your feedbacks.

Thanx

Kumar from Germany

================

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so you have two option: if a role is assigned to a org. unit then re-assign user to different org. unit or remove role assignment to org. unit. On initial screen of PFCG go to Goto -> Settings and choose option "Complete view".After this there will be new button "Org. management" on tab "User". Here you can maintain role assignment to org. units.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have done it as you suggested, but the duplicate assignment are still vissible although i have compared the users of the affected role ! Just exploring the possibility to find out where else the assignment being done right after the user comparison ! #will be pleased for your valuable tips.

Thanks

Kumar from Germany

=============

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

With recently implemented HCM in our 12 year old SAP implementation, I found the user security challenging but here are a couple of suggestions

1) If you are not running programs RHAUTUPD_NEW for all your roles and RHPROFL0 for object type S, evaluation pateh PROFLO (check the documentation for the rest of the options to set) then try running the program.  For PROFLO I found that I couldn't run it for all of our roles, as in XXX* but that for indirect assignments that were not being removed I had to run it only for one role at at time, i.e. no wild cards of multiple roles in a list of values.  This was corrected by note 1871405 that we recently applied.

2) If you are using structural authorizations there are additional programs to run so look at RHBAUS02, 01, 00, 04 documentation.

We are on EHP6 and the note mentioned above resolved most of my problems.  RHPROFL0 now works for all indirectly assigned positions and the Org Mgmt icon for reconcilation works on the role in PFCG.  We have these jobs running nightly in background.

Ann from Colorado