cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location in QPR6 screen

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You might have seen my mentioned question to differantiate sample. Now I'm coming with alternate for my business - storage location field in QPR6 screen.

We use QPR6 transaction to create sample. As of now we don't use storage location or sample location field to create/ identify sample. Now I want to use storage location field in QPR6 screen. So when business create new sample they identify each sample with storage location.

Example; Reserve storage loc, offspec loc, primary sample loc etc...We already have these kind of storage location which we use to confirm quantity in production screen.

Now I want to use storage location field in QPR6 screen, but when I enter storage location in initial screen of QPR6, system by default enter plant in "Repetative manufactiring" field. Not sure why? We create sample with ref to inspection lot or order. So we don't want to enter plant each time. So each time I need to remove plant from field if I use storage location.

Second question is when I go to next screen of QPR6 then why system does not saw storage location even though I entered in initial screen? We expect storage location to populate there.

My third question is when I go to result record screen(QA32) - sample selection, why system does not storage location field over there? If it's populate there then business can identify sample as per actual storage location there. Can we do something, so it display storage location there?

Fyi - currently we don't use sample storage location in our SAP QM process.

Reply appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For first question, check to see if you have any PID's defined.  This might be defaulting in the plant for you automatically.  You might also check the variant settings.  It looks like you can create a variant, and you should also be able to see if the plant field was made as a required field in your standard system variant.  When I run QPR6 I don't have a plant value defaulted in but our system isn't really set up for physical samples.  Do you get the plant value defaulting in when you enter the screen or does it populate after the inspection lot is entered?  I think from your question it is coming in when you enter the screen and not after entering the inspection lot.  Otherwise I would expect the storage location to be that of the inspection lot.

I believe the storage location you're seeing in question #2 is typically the storage location of the material being inspected, not the storage location of the sample.

For the third question, it's the same as question 2.  At the screens you displayed I believe these are screens related to the sample, not the inspection lot quantity.  I don't think SAP ever envisioned someone using storage location as a selection criteria for the sample, hence then never made it part of the selection screens.

Craig

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig for reply.

Yes when I go in QPR6, system does not default storage location. Even if I enter an inspection lot or order number then also system does not default plant, but if I enter storage loc then it default plant. I belive this cecause that storage location belongs to that plant. If my guess is correct then why does it default against "Repetitive Manufacturing"? Becuase we aren't in repetitive business.

I believe the storage location you're seeing in question #2 is typically the storage location of the material being inspected, not the storage location of the sample.

How to populate inspection storage location in that field. Even it is same for use. We want top populate inspection storage location in that field so QC operator can easily identify where that sample stored or coming from?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. I think your guess is correct in that when you enter a storage location it requires a plant and the system defaults plant into whatever fields are on the screen.  That might actually be an issue you should search OSS notes about.  I can see how that might be an unintentional "benefit" of the coding.

In question #2, I think you misunderstand me.  I believe that storage location is related to the inventory of the stock inspected, not the sample.  I.e. if your inspection lot you reference is in storage location 2001 and your sample was put in 5000 I think it wants 2001 in there.  Since the stock and insp lot that was inspected was in 2001. 

Craig

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In question #2, I think you misunderstand me.  I believe that storage location is related to the inventory of the stock inspected, not the sample.  I.e. if your inspection lot you reference is in storage location 2001 and your sample was put in 5000 I think it wants 2001 in there.  Since the stock and insp lot that was inspected was in 2001.

Craig

Yes, I agree with you here. Even I expect system to bring 2001 storage location in that field. Since stock belongs to that storage location. Even at time of creating sample I enter 2001 storage location, system did not referance it further. System is removing storage location referance in next screen.

I belive this is SAP bug and I would check with SAP if they have some idea about an issue.