cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Receiver SOAP adapter for synchronous scenario

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing a strange issue with the SOAP adapter in the interface we have setup. This is the 1st time we are using SOAP adapter in our system (PI 7.11 SP7). We are making a synchronous HTTP call to the web service exposed by another system in our landscape. The payload is send with SOAP envelope and there are no credentials to be maintained in PI settings.

The issue is that we are always getting timeout exception in PI audit logs after sending the request (3 minutes - standard timeout value, no additional config for this). But target system has confirmed that they are sending the response back. We tested from our server OS level and have received the response back in the same screen (to verify there is no firewall/port issue in between the systems). But when tried from RWB, it is always giving the timeout exception and we are not able to see any other log.

We have tried checking in the NWA logs as well after increasing the logging level to ALL for com.sap.aii.adapter.soap. But surprisingly, we didn't get any logs at all for the outgoing SOAP call or incoming response and hence we are unable to trace the issue.

We have setup another synchronous inbound SOAP interface (PI exposing the webservice) and it is working fine. We are also able to trace the logs in both audit log and NWA logs.

1. Is there anywhere else we can check for the logs? Audit logs is showing timeout error and we are not able to see anything in NWA logs.
  2. Does the target system need to maintain PI credentials in the header when they send the synchronous response back?
  3. Are there any specific settings which should be checked to enable the sync communication? (this should not be the case since the inbound interface is working fine)

Please help.

Thanks

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Check with your basis team if you need to use HTTP Proxy settings in SOAP receiver CC. In our server, we can also test at OS level but is not working when a message is sent end-to-end via PI because the CC does not have the necessary HTTP Proxy settings.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

The target system has received the request sent from PI. We are facing an issue only with receiving the data back.

Are you mentioning about maintaining proxy setting for target to send back?

Thanks

Justin

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

I thought they were not receiving the request from PI. If you PI system are not receiving any response, maybe it has got to do something with firewall e.g firewall allows you to send but not receive or it allows you to receive but not send.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We have tested from OS level successfully which should remove all issues corresponding to firewall I guess.

This issue looks to be something specific to java stack but unable to conclude as there are no logs present.

Thanks

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did u test third party WS using soap ui to make sure that you are getting response?

1. Is there anywhere else we can check for the logs? Audit logs is showing timeout error and we are not able to see anything in NWA logs.

>> I would suggest you to use XPI Inspector tool to trace the logs.

2. Does the target system need to maintain PI credentials in the header when they send the synchronous response back?

>> I don't think it's mandatory, but having said so it depends on WS. So, as suggested above use SOAP UI to test ur WS and check its behaviour.

3. Are there any specific settings which should be checked to enable the

sync communication? (this should not be the case since the inbound interface is working fine)

>>No, but just make sure u have properly created ur SI (with both request and response).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we had tested successfully via SOAP UI as well (forgot to mention that). We are getting back the expected response in SOAP UI without using any credentials. We got the same response when we tested it through OS commands from PI server.

The WS is hosted by the target system and they haven't maintained any credentials at their end. So when PI is trying to access, we don't need to provide any credentials. My question is, whether the target system should keep any credentials to send the synchronous response back to PI (java stack). We have tried that as well but since there aren't any logs, we are unable to verify whether the credentials are coming correctly.

The service interfaces are correct and PI configuration are OK. I will try the XPI inspector for logs as you have suggested.

Thanks

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use XPI Inspector tool and i think u could trace error logs.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava