cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase connectivity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have installed MII 14.0 with latest version of sybase DB has backend. While Configuring data server connection with Sybase database its showing stopped status.

So please let me know where i did wrong. Below are the parameters details which i have mentioned for connection.

User name: User

Passwrd: Pass

JDBC Driver: net.sybase.jtds.jdbc.Driver

Server URL: jdbc:jtds:sybase://<IP Address>:<Port>/<Server Name>

Validation query: SELECT count(*) FROM dbo.sysobjects

Even i have deployed JDBC Driver(i.e.jtds-1.3.1 ) and its showing in green color.

With the same driver and setting we were able to connect to Sybase dev system. Now we are getting status as Error.

In log files we are getting error message as "Io exception connection refused".Even I tried to connect with oracle developer front end tool and got connected to dev sybase but not prod sybase , got same error.

MII and sybase are sitting on same machine.

MII and front end sitting on different machine

Can anybody tell me where I am doing wrong.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I guess you are getting the error might be for the validation query. Validation query should be something which all users will have access to. So SELECT count(*) FROM dbo.sysobjects will not work for all the users or roles. You can use the validation query as "select getdate()". It will work errespective of any user or role. For reference you can check it also.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for suggestion. I tried with same query but giving same result.

Issue is with might be port no because the port 4901 which I am using for sybase connection is

not listening when tried with telnet .So pls let me know how do I check the port no on which the sybase server is running.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Check this thread. It mentions the connectivity problem due to network authentication issue.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I am able to integrate PCO and MII prod .

Here MII prod is installed on the machine where sybase prod server is installed so I don't think there we have network authentication issue.

PCO and oracle developer are installed on same machine.

We are able to ping pco and sybase server machines vise virsa.

Am I thinking wrong pls let me know.

Regards,

Raj.