cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User ID creation through IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a user to be created in IDM. The user is assigned to 3 mail ids which is showing in the table 0105. These ids belong to different sub types namely 0010, 9020 and 9021.

But I want the id with sub type 10 to be created. Is there ay check where in IDM checks and considers the mail id mapped to subtype 0010, or would the id be created in the first place?

Please do help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Praman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends   When you do the import from HCM, the user ID is set to the user ID of the object.  If you want to change it to set it to the mail attribute, you can change the process so that it selects that one.  Which one you use can be controlled via the HCM query and via the create job.

If you're using another process to get / create users you'll need to provide more info so we can help.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We are using the standard process of importing the users from HCM.

How do i fetch my email based on the subtype. The email i fetch from HCM is mapped in the HCM statging are id store. In case i wish to keep a check on the subtype where do i do that ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Praman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parman,

Is your requirement is using the provided email by HCM (IT105, subtype 0010 ) as a user ID in IDM and other applications?

If so you have to change the standard mapping in IDM, and be sure that in HCM are unique values for a user in HCM. (this is a mandatory condition)

As "Write HCM Employee to SAP Master" job is the entry point for user creation in IDM, here is where yous should change the mapping; next to MSKEYVALUE put " P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_EMAIL" which is the standard attribute for HCM email (in staging area schema)

You should also disable "HCM Master Check for SYSUNAME of Employee" subtask and probably take into consideration a custom way of checking if user that you are receiving from HCM already exist in IDM or not (to know if you have to create or skip)

Note that by identifying email adresses as mskeyvalues,  you also defined that email addresses are unique identifiers in IDM database.

Fadoua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fadoua,

The user id stays as it is. In the table pa0105 the user id is mapped to 3 email ids one each for subtype 0010, 9020 and 9021. I want the email belonging to subtype 0010 to be mapped to the user in IDM while creating the user. In such a case where do i keep a check?

Thank you,

Regards,

Praman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pram,

I got your point now, then it's very easy, you have nothing to do 🙂

9020 and 9021 are custom subtypes, they will never be mapped to a user in IDM if you don't ask for it,

0010 is the standard subtype for email and it's already mapped by default in 3 spots :

- IDM  stadard Query (SQ01)

- in LDAP mapping (HRLDAP_MAP and LDAP)

- Standard IDM framework jobs (unsing this line MX_MAIL_PRIMARY     $FUNCTION.sap_importTimeValues(%P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_EMAIL%!!MX_MAIL_PRIMARY!!TRUE)$$ )

Fadoua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Essentially you need to do nothing.  However, if you want to change it, you can change the mapping in the LDAP query in HCM (or add additional attributes for the other emails if you need them).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fadoua,

This is what has been configured. 

Pls do let me know if I am missing some thing.

Thank you,

Regards,

Praman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praman,

What's the point of using a custom script generate email? if you are getting it straight from HCM

Do you have an error somewhere that goes with that?

Fadoua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fadoua,

We are using the customized script just to append the company name so that the email in the User Master Record will be <username>@<companyname>.com

We have received no error pertaining this.

Regards,

Praman

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are not receiving email from HCM at the first place, you want to calculate it in IDM  then write it back in HCM through, right ?

For that you need to add the communication function set privilege to the user, this will trigger email creation / modification in HR.

The exact name of the privilege is : PRIV:FUNCTION_SET:rep_name:HR_COMMUNICATION

If this priv doesn't exist in your DB, you need to activate Business suite framework provisioning and jobs and launch business suite initial load for ABAP, following SAP Business suit integration scenarios documentation :

Transfer of Employee-Related Data to SAP ERP HCM - User Management and Distribution with SAP NetWeav...

Fadoua

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, we get the email from HCM itself. We are using the custome script to append @<companyname>.com to the existing email id. Thus our email id looks like <x_y>@<companyname>.com.

Regards,

Praman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, just to understand :

- You are getting just the email ID from HCM

- you are forming the whole email string in IDM

- And you still want to write back to whole email in HCM? and this is what you don't know how to do?

Fadoua

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just getting the email id from IDM. But a user is mapped to 3 mail ids in HCM. One each for subtype 0010, 9020 and 9021. I want the email mapped to subtype 0010 to be mapped to the user while creating the id(I donot want the mail ids to the subtypes 9020 and 9021 to be mapped in IDM while creating the id). I am exporting the entry from HCM to IDM. But, I see the user is not getting created. This is the issue i have. Am i missing some thing here ?

Praman

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the user in not created in IDM at All, it might be related to many things, here you have to be more specific on how do you perfom extraction and maybe share idm logs.

If IT105 of your entry is not created in HCM, then communication info set is probably missing (Follow documentation as I mention above)

Fadoua