cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Hyperlink text in error messages(Custom messages)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone let me know how to display hyperlink text append at the end of custom

error message in wdp.

Currently i'm showing error message using report_error_message( ) method and i need to append a URL text at the end of the message.

PFB the snapshot which explains my requirement.

Thanks

KH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KH,

I don't think there is a way in message manager to have both text and link text as message.

We cannot have link as part of error message other than a link to the attribute error message.

I would like to suggest a workaround solution by using  text view element & link to action ui element i.e. you need to go for your own ui elements and populate the message inside it.

To display multiple messages, proceed as below

•      Create a table on top of view layout and let us say TBL_MESSAGES with 2 columns MSG_TEXT_1 & MSG_TEXT_2
  • Set the design of table to transparent with no grid ( So, that you will not see lines.. vertical/horizontal lines )
  • Un check show empty lines , as we dont want see any blank lines
  • Do not give any header text to the columns
  • Now, column 1 would be with ui element TEXT_VIEW & column 2 would be with ui element LINK_TO_ACTION
  • populate your message into MSG_TEXT_1 .... ( "Data not found Contact *** administrator")
  • Populate second link message MSG_TEXT_2 ... ( "Send Mail" )
  • Bind the visibility property of table to a context attribute to control the visibility of table whenever required

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama