Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport approach

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

My question is around transport mechanism.

In the landscape we have 3 environment.. Dev -> Qua -> Prod

Till now we were transporting objects via Export/Import Schema.

But not we want to implement CTS+.

I have read that, for CTS+.. all the 3 environments should be in sync.

Now I am pretty sure that acoross the 3environmemnts.. there are many objects which are in Dev but not in Prod ot Qua, present in Prod but not in Dev or Qua.. present in Qua .. but not in Dev or Prod.

Basically.. all the repos are out of sync.

So, please suggest the best way to approach this.

Option 1 : Unarchive the Prod repo as Dev and Qua : This may not be acceptable entirely , as we have production data. And unarchievg without this data.. means loading all the data again

Option 2 : Using Export and Import schema. What would be the best approach for using this ? As I need to know all the objects that are out of sync across the environments. Then clean it..

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Yes you are right the prerequisite for CTS+ should be met else it can lead many issues during transports and lead to lot of rework.

In my view option 2 is a better option as you can know the change and the volume of change.But before you do that it would be better to look closely and analyse the differences b/w systems.Schema import can tell you the difference ;noting and analyzing them can help you make better decision of keeping or not keeping that.Once you are clear about what changes to keep,you can do a schema transport and bring systems in sync.

Please go through small diagram which I have attached.

Meticulously listing out changes can save a lot of rework later.

(I hope you get more green in your diagram)

Thanks,

Ravi