cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from text module is not appearing in smartform output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using text modules in one of our smartform to print the sender text . The name of this text module is being dynamically determined during the execution and is coming correctly but still the the text inside the text module is not appearing in the output. We checked one more similar form which is working on the similar logic but calling a different text module , there it is working perfectly. I have tried all the possibilties like changing the window size, changing the fonts and other parameters of the text module but still its not appearing . This seems to be something unusual as in both the smartforms(one with text appearing from module and one without the text) the logic is exactly similar for getting the text module name. The name is getting determined in both the cases correctly and the text modules are also maintained in same manner for both these forms but text is appearing on one and not on other.

Kindly help if any one of you have also faced similar issue.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member206650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi priyank,

can u carefully compare the address node of both the forms.if you are using dynamic determination then u have to write a flow logic. check the additional address specification in general attribute...

hope that it helps

former_member206650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi priyank,

Are you using address box in the window ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu ,

Yes Address node is also there in the same window for printing a text above the text of my text module.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

Thanks for your replies . But i have tried all the options like hardcoding , debugging to see if the values are coming. Moreover as i wrote, both the text modules are exactly same in terms of output options , paragraph formats , language etc. I dont want to remove the use of existing Text modules .

Regards

Priyank

former_member206650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Priyank ,

first you compare the text modules of both smartforms,if you find the attributes of text modules to be same then u first hard code the value and check if its coming if so then its sure that the values are getting populated try to debug the smartforms by using placing break point in flow logic,it might be because during run time the values are not getting filled.

hope it helps u..

0 Kudos

Hello Priyank,

You can use an another way out to display the dynamic sender text in the smartform. Please follow the below steps:

1. You can create a variable with maximum character limit in the Global Definition.

2. Create a program line and write code to populate that variable with the sender text. (make sure you pass the sender text as import parameters).

3. Create a Text Element, resize and reposition it to the appropriate area on the window, and add that variable as &variable&

Hope this helps...

regards,
Vivek

viquar_iqbal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the correct answer for me - i forgot to use '&' along with my variable and was scratching my head on why its not working.

Thank Vivek .. it def helped me.

0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

Check the output options in the node where text module is present or in the folder where it is present.

There could be some check box or value that is causing this issue.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

There could be various reasons....

Wrong language for example

An easy way to prove this is, put the text direct into the smartforms and see, if it pops up immediately.

If so, you have to really debug this spot and see if the pased name is correct. (Copy paste it in the debugger, to be really sure, there could be a space in fornt or in the end...)

If that doesn't help, you have to share more details. Your question is not that very specific. You know

~Florian