Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy 40----Delivery error

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are facing an issue with Strategy group 40 during delivery creation. It gives me an error for all materials(MTS) created with this strategy group during PGi

stating that "Sales Order stock ...sales order num....does not exist"-----error.

I checked the planned Order it shows MTO(i am assuming this is the issue ) there and in the material master it had individual reqs I got that changed to blank (indivi and collective)

In the reqt type/class  KSV/50  special sotck indicator is E( is this the reason for MTs material behaving like an MTO material).

Please assist

Regards

Madan Shetty

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont address your query against any individual.  Also try to use the subject effectively

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , If special stock Indicator is active, system will check for sales order stock which is not available in your case

I believe Requirement class 50 should have been modified in your case

in standard there is no special stock indicator

regards,

santosh

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Thaks Santosh,

Exactly my thoughts I wanted to confirm. Our PP consultant would not agree and keeps saying that

she requires special stock indicator E in the class and there is a setup which would fix this issue without changing it in the class.

Please assist.

Regards

Madan Shetty

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

My understanding of PP is limited so why would one want special stock indicator E for 50 Class. Please do through somelight on the same.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is this requirement class generating any Planned Order which you converted to Production order?

Generally 50 Requirement class has no assignment or linkage to Planned or Production order in standard

however, for your issue, system is looking for sales order stock

if you have production order generated, it should post stock to particular sales order.

if not, you must post sales order stock using 412 E to solve your issue

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madan,

My understanding of PP is limited so why would one want special stock indicator E for 50 Class. Please do throw some light on the same.

As mentioned earlier, 050 requirements class as delivered by SAP does not have the Special Stock indicator set to "E".  If you wish to demonstrate that fact to your PP colleague, look at the configuration in your client 000.  This client almost always is left unaltered from SAP standard.

We can't possibly know here in SCN why someone at your location altered an SAP standard requirements class. In many companies, when the business requirements suggest that a standard class is unsatisfactory, they then create a NEW customized requirements class (e.g. "Z50" or similar).  Regardless, your PP expert has told you that this alteration now is necessary to meet some business requirements, so move on.

As mentioned by the other experts, if the requirements class uses special stock indicator "E" then the normal supply elements will also be set to "E", and the production orders or purchase orders will produce stock that is set to "E".  The ATP must work hand-in-hand with planning.  Since you now have sales-order specific requirements,  ALL supply elements that will satisfy these requirements will also be sales-order specific.  Are they?  Perhaps you just need to receive some sales-order specific stock into inventory......

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy  thank you for your time as I had mentioned in the 1st post I was aware of the issue but I he wanted to confirm the same.

I guess it was unrealistic of me to expect SCN to know why we have a setup in a particular way. I agree.

Account assignment category was M which lead to special stock indicator being set as E.

Thank you every1 for your time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you are aware, for Strategy 40, if you get,

reqt type/class  KSV/50  special stock indicator is E

Then system considers CIRs.

As per my understanding this a common error for these sort of scenario. Please refer my response in following discussion:

-

In case of any concern, please revert back. But, before that please do put some effort in search.

Thanks, JP