cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 2.3: Any upcoming Agentry Client release?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the latest SMP 2.3 release was published in November 2013. Since then, at least two Agentry 6.0 (6.0.36 and 6.0.38) versions have been released, including new clients that fixed some issues. 6.0.40 seems to bee in the works. However, it seems that since the integration of Agentry into SMP release cycles have been significantly extended.

A lot of annoying issues that have been fixed in the latest 6.0 Agentry clients still exist in Android client version 6.1.3.10212. From all that I derive two questions:

1. Is any new SMP release planned for the near future?
  2. Are all the issues that are fixed in the latest 6.0 Agentry clients expected to be fixed in this release?

Thanks

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is any new SMP release planned for the near future?

Not sure if you have come across about SMP 3.0 which will be released soon. Right now it is in ramp-up process. You may check

in SMP 3.0, you will have agentry 7.x, Please check here for more info. SyBooks Online

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done some experiments in SMP 3.0 and Agentry 7. However, we are building an application for our customer on Agentry 6.1 and thus it is important to us that bugs are fixed in this version. Do you have any information on this topic?

Best regards,

Christoph

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I dont have that information. I hope , can help you.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

6.0.36 came out at the end of Oct and 6.0.38 was released at the end of November.

SMP 2.3 SP03 PL1 was release Mid Nov.

SMP 2.3 SP04 has Agentry Version 6.1.4.x and should be released soon.  I am sorry I can't give the date of release.

6.0.40 is due out first half of April.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

thanks for Information and clarification. Is it ensured that all issues that are fixed in 6.0.40 will also be fixed in 6.1.4.x?

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not all, most most things should be, the SP04 release was already code locked 2 weeks.  So any thing that was done to 6.0.40 after that point will not be in the release.   If there as a Public Patch Level created then the other items will be migrated then.

Stephen Streeter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems SP4 was released on March 27.

I would like to propose that someone from SAP creates a thread or blog or anything here in the SCN to announce new SMP releases. By following that thread/blog/whatever, everyone could let himself be notified of new releases. What do you think, would that be possible?

Regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

you wrote: "6.0.40 is due out first half of April."

Can you tell me a date?

The first half of April is nearly over.

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

6.0.40.0 was due out last week, but will not be getting released do to other issues.  6.0.40.1 is due out this week.

Answers (0)