Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VENDOR and Customer master Authorization

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have requirement about vendor & customer master authorization.client requirement is if  a user had created vendor  or customer under a purchase organization or sales organization so in this case other Purchase org users shouldn't see any details about this vendor and even they shouldn't be allowed to post to this invoices.even in FBL1N and FBL5N user shouldn't see other region vendor or customer line items.how to handle to this can any one help me on this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Diwa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do following steps :

1, Go to table TBRG

2. Click on create enter object F_LFA1_BEK for Vendor and F_KNA1_BED for Customer.

3. Enter value in Authorization.

4. Save

5. Enter this values in Control tab of Vendor and Customer master

6. Save

7. Create role through transaction code PFCG.

8. Enter values maintained in object F_LFA1_BEK for Vendor and F_KNA1_BED for Customer.

9. Assign roles to users.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Can you please tell me where to assign object in PFCG t.code.

Regards

Diwa

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa,

You can restrict the dispaly , creation and change of the vendor master, through object M_LFM1_EKO. You can add this object using manual option and define the activity as well as purchase organisation.,

For customer you can use V_KNA1_VKO this object for sales organisation level and V_KNA1_BRG for sales area.

Hope this would help you.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

i want restrict the users for posting. For ex: if a user had created vendor. then only that user has to post invoices to that particular vendor.how to achieve it .please help me as i am  facing very serious problem.

Regards

Diwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa

In PFCG you have to create a role and assign authorizations. It is not a Functional's job. I recommend that you contact the BASIS team to do this. PFCG should not be used by us.

Regards

Sowmya

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa,

You may have to use the validation for the same purpose. There would be certain transactions for which you would require this. You can apply the validation rule wrt  User id in Vendor master.

Hope this would help you.

with authorisation object you can restrict the user by account group, but it would not possible on the basis of user which have created the specific vendor.

Hope this would help you,

Regards

Pankaj

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a thought;

Why can't you create a user specific validation for FB60 or other t.codes if wanted, which says that;

If the condition 'Vendor code starts with say 1* series', is met;

then display an error message 'Posting not possible for this Vendor Group XXXX'

This way, you can prevent certain users from posting transactions to a certain vendor groups.

Thanks,

Nirav

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

any updates........

Regards

Diwa

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to XK02 -- account control screen maintain  - authorisation group create and assign  in vendor master data

if you want to control company code level means - in accounting information screen maintain authorisation group assign in vendor master data

You assign the authorization using authorization object F_LFA1_BEK.

Mahesh

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

By assigning authorization group in master data we can restrict only master data but we cannot restrict transactional data.

For ex: In FB60 if user selects other region vendor then system should not allow to post invoice for that particular vendor.how to handle it.

Regards

Diwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa

Auth groups control the posting as well.

Regards

Sowmya

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1, that authroisation groups give particular user SU01 - assign In user role with the help of Basis team,

2, ask to ABAPer write a code in GGB1 substitution exit like U100

then it will restrict 
Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa,

When you goto FB60, the system will ask you for the vendor number.

Vendors are created for Purchasing organisation. so if you use authorisation objects like co. code, P. Org,, plants, etc, for authorisation purpose, the system will automatically block the specific transaction for a given master data assigned to that specific P. org.

regards,

Santosh

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a thought;

Why can't you create a user specific validation for FB60 or other t.codes if wanted, which says that;

If the condition 'Vendor code starts with say 1* series', is met;

then display an error message 'Posting not possible for this Vendor Group XXXX'

This way, you can prevent certain users from posting transactions to a certain vendor groups.

Thanks,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe invoices are created against purchase orders created by a specific P. Org., so that control will become applicable if you have authorisation check based on profiles and roles.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

What if if post invoices through FB60.how to control it.

Regards

Diwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa

This could be done using authorizatin objects and role design. Please contact your BASIS consultant for the same.

They would create roles for specific purchase org and sales org and give access to relevant users only.

Regards

Sowmya

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

thanks for responding

Yes i agree but if we are posting vendor or customer invoices in FI like FB60,FB70,F-48,F-54.F-29 etc...in this t.code no where we are going to enter purchase org or sales org then how to restrict it.even  vendor master and customer master is created under company code level.but client require segment wise authorization.how to handle this...

Regards

Diwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa

Is there any option of conrtolling using vendor or customer account groups??

Regards

Sowmya

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sowmya,

Account groups are created under company code level. where as client requires segment level authorization.

Regards

Diwa