cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Installation/Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to install SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 System and would need assistance in Installation and configuration.

We have an ECC6.0 EHP6 system installed in our landscape and need to patch the complete stack to the latest. The main purpose of installing SOLMAN is just for patching the systems in our landscape.

So could some please suggest the sequence of steps to be followed for installation and configuration needed just to facilitate the generation of  stack.xml for patching/upgrade?

Currently we have installed SOLMAN 7.1 SR1 with initial shipment(sp04). In brief we need to understand :

• Post Installation activities to be carried out.
  • Currently we are at initial shipment package SP04 and latest available is SP10, is it mandatory to patch to latest level ?
  • Necessary configuration steps to be carried on SOLMAN system after fresh installation so that we can connect our ECC system and generate the stack.xml file for patch upgrade.
  • How does our SOLMAN system connects to SAP Service Market Place ? Is that through SAP Router ? If yes how to integrate Router and SOLMAN?
  • How to associate a S-User account to our SOLMAN system ?
  • How to connect our ECC system to SOLMAN and generate the stack.xml ?

Apologies if it is too basic, as Iam new to it and have a very tight time lines.

Please help

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You first should follow the installation guide which has the all the required information about how to install, sizing, post installation.

Not required to upgrade to SP10 but as you are just installing then I would suggest to apply latest SP.

You need to perform system preparation, basis configuration and managed system configuration refer to below link.

You can use AISUSER transaction to add S user to solution manager.

You need to configure SAPOSS RFC destination to connect your solution manger via your saprotuer to SAP. Installation guide should have this information under post installation.

lots of information about solution mnanger under Home - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Srikanth 

In order to work with MPOZ on Solution Manager it is requires to perform all the Basic Configuration , System preparation and Managed system Configuration on Solution Manager.

Please fo through the link-WIKI for Solution Manager(Home - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki)

Also follow the  Guides from Service market place like Configuration guide that gives the pre-requisites for the Solution Manager configuration like ..Client copy .Generating an SAPOSS connection and Patching the SLD component and Changing the UME Source on JAVA stack and Creating  dedicated S-User for Solution Manager configuration.

Please go through the  Configuration of Solution Manager System  Part from the above SOLMAN WIKI link

If you still need some information please feel free to get back to me.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra Kakani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your inputs..

I tried running the transaction SOLMAN_SETUP in 001 client with DDIC user, the giving the credentials in the browser we are are getting connection time out error.

Do we have any start the setup in any specific client or user ?

Thanks !!

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to execute solman_setup in client 001 and with ddic userID. I hope you have performed the SGEN after installation/applying latest stack. Check in SM50 whats going on when you execute the solman_setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth

i suggest you to go through the configuration guide before you go to TX;SOLMAN_SETUP.There are some prerequisites  that you must work before you go to configuration.

Running with Client-001  is fine , But you need to use  User-SOLMAN_ADMIN   to run SOLMAN_SETUP.

Please increase the  Keep live time out  for http service.

Go to TX: SMICM---> from the menu bar choose GOTO----> Services---select the check box  HTTP and got o service from the menu bar and choose change

change the Keep Alive in sec =600.

Kind Regards

Phaneendra Kakani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Make a entry in SMICM of https & http with their port no.

I have followed the same procedure to resolve that issue.

Come back to your requirement.

* first you have to do the post installation steps.

* you have complete the guided procedure of system preparation,basic configuration & managed system configuration.

* create a SAPOSS configuration, it will create connection b/w your system to SAP.

*Enter AISUSER transaction, make a entry of your S user id

* second step is mandatory for MOPZ.

let me know you have any queries.

nethaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nethaji,

Thanks for your inputs..

Currently Iam trying to make a OSS connection b/w our system and SAP.

We have freshly installed SAP Router system and we have done the necessary steps as suggested in "http://service.sap.com/saprouter-sncdoc". But when I do a niping it throws an error which is attached.

Attached the saprouttab and dev_rout files also for your reference.

niping error:

dev_rout

routtab :

Also could you please suggest what needs to be done from SAP

application side to establish connection to SMP i.e SAPOSS RFC

connection settings and router entries etc..

Thanks !!

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you opened the ports on your external firewall form your SAProuter? to SAP's saprouter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Yes we have opened 3299 port. Does that suffice ?

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

check whether you are able to telnet to sap's saprouter on port 3299.If no response mean port is blocked.

telnet <SAP's saprouter_IP> 3299

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Our network team claims that the ports are open. However when I do a telnet it fails :

They say - there might not any service running on that port which could be the reason for this error

Did a self telnet on port 3299 which again returned a error.

Please suggest..

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with network team. They should help on this issue. Please explain them what you want to achieve and how this work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Our network team say that there is no service running on 3299 port because of which telnet is not working. I tried starting the SAPROUTER service with the below command :

saprouter -r -S 3299 -K "p:CN=hnpclsaprtr, OU=0001306901, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE

It hangs in the screen as below :

when I try to stop the saprouter it gives below error :

Iam doing anything wrong while starting the router service ?

Please advice.

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it mandatory to start SAPROUTER as windows service ?

Regards,
Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it has to be a service. This has been documented in the saprouter installation guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Got the below note for it SAP Note 525751. Does this serve the purpose ?

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, and also follow the guide mentioned in the same note http://service.sap.com/saprouter-sncdoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Created the windows service and started it as Local Service.

When I try connection test from SAPOSS RFC it fails and dev_rout is as below :

"

*** ERROR => SncPAcquireCred()==SNCERR_GSSAPI  [sncxxall.c 1445]

GSS-API(maj): No credentials were supplied

GSS-API(min): Can't read file

Could't acquire INITIATING credentials for

name="p:CN=hnpclsaprtr, OU=0001306901, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"

<<- SncSessionInitiatorAK()==SNCERR_GSSAPI

'target_acl_key' (addr=000000000CA6C9F4, len=86) full hexdump

0x00000  00030401 00080606 2b240301 25010000  ........ +$..%...

0x00010  00443042 310b3009 06035504 06130244  .D0B1.0. ..U....D

0x00020  45310c30 0a060355 040a1303 53415031  E1.0...U ....SAP1

0x00030  12301006 0355040b 13095341 50726f75  .0...U.. ..SAProu

0x00040  74657231 11300f06 03550403 13087361  ter1.0.. .U....sa

0x00050  70736572 7639                        pserv9          

*** ERROR => NiSncIInitHdlSecurity: SncSessionInitiatorAK failed (sncrc=-4;000000000231ED50) [nisnc.c      1185]

*** ERROR => NiSncHandleForAddr C9/-1, 169.145.197.110 (rc=-17) [nirout.cpp   3307]

*** ERROR => NiRClientHandle: NiRExRouteCon for C9/-1 'hnpclsm1.sap.hnpcl.com' failed (rc=-17) [nirout.cpp   2676]

"

Please advice.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you completed the steps as per note 28976 - Remote connection data sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

We have already done this and SAP has confirmed that necessary settings are done from their end.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Can we run the SAPRouter windows service as Local Service ? and do we need to run it with the user registered for router ?

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you complete the steps as mentioned in the guide then I don't think you see this kind of errors.

can you please elaborate what steps you have complete so far?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have briefed the steps and attached the document in the below link :

https://fts.capgemini.com/pubpwd/61912502148618/Router_Instln.docx

Username: qaeyduhbs
Password: 5uVmKdkxZH

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I started the Windows service with the user registered for Router and now the SAPOSS connection is working fine.:)

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool, please close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Iam trying to do 'System Preparation' in SOLMAN_SETUP of solution manager and as apart of it need to implement SAP Note 1633795. But when Iam doing it it SNOTE says "Object can only be created in SAP package" ???

Where should this object be assigned ?

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess changes applied via SNOTE are part of SAP package.