cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming Convention

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Our Client projects the following naming and numbering convention will be used:

Project definition Lo for local,   IN for international, Do for Domestic, Rd for research & Development. The first 3 numbers aaa is plant. The following 6 numbers bbbbbb is the AR Number ( Example Only)  IN-aaabbbbbb

The above naming convention will be enforced if starting with 2 digit indicators: IN,DO,RD

Test scenario- when create a new project and name it INTernational there should be an error on the name

The Coding mask is IN-XXXXXXXX-00-00-00

please suggest me  to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member374929
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Assign the following validation rule to your project profile.

Validation for WBS element.

Prerequisite -   PROJ-PROFL = 'your project profile'

Check   -        PRPS-POSID LIKE IN-T

Message   -   Error

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

As I understood from your query, you want to restrict user from creating a project with project id 'INT' with a error message.?

You can achieve it in two ways:

1. Validation on PROJ-KIMSK : Mask Short ID.

2. ABAP development on project creation with 'INT' and error message.

You decide which way is comfortable for you. I would rather suggest you to go with development because you need to make sure that which PROJ-PROFL users are using to create INT projects.

And if its specific project profile only then you need to make sure that they will use this profile only with INT projects. at last, it is your call to decide.

Rest the coding IN-XXXXXXXX-00-00-00 seems proper to me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand your query, you want to Create Project Definition "INTernational". And if your mask is IN-XXXXXXXX-00-00-00. Then system will definitely throw error. Your Project Definition can be like IN-TERNATIO.

You haven't use special character bwtween IN and T also as per your coding mask XXXXXXXX=8 alphanumeric chars. But here yours exceeding. That is why system is giving error.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shishir,

Thanks for your input.

According to the coding mask IN-XXXXXXXXX-00-00-00

when we will create project definition like INTErnational , it will crate like IN-ternational

But the requirement is if we give INternational  it must throw error.

According to the coding mask xxxxxxxxx it will allow to create alphabets or numaricals.

we can restrict with this coding mask IN-000000000-00-00-00

But they are using the coding mask IN-XXXXXXXX-000-00-00

the first 3 digits after IN-  XXX  is plant.

Eg. in this case if the want to crate a project like  IN-789  it will take according to the coding mask.

They want to restrict the user to create the project with the specific plant numbers

Test scenario: while new project International project and name it Intemultiple - there should be an error on the name.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I think specific no can't be restrict because as X= any alphanumeric and 0=any numeric. System will not allow to define coding mask with any chars except 0 or X. So can't be possible thru coding mask.

There would be some some other solutions like validation rule.

In OITA maintain validation rule like if your project profile is X then check PROJ-PSPID='your Specific project definition as you required' as constant value.

and maintain message = " Please enter correct Project Definition as per Plant Code"

And also maintain this rule to project profile. Next time when user will create project with this project profile and validation will not match then system will throw error.

Regards

Shishir