cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel assistant functions in ESs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement for travel assistant to put up expense claims on behalf of their managers.

I have gone through the blogs and KBA 1622954 but still not able to see how to put up expense claim for another staff when I login to ESS.

I have done the following steps:

a.  Maintained the staff IDs via transaction FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M

b.  In SAP, I have temporarily assiged SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW for testing purpose

Question is that when I login to ESS, I do not see any additional features / functions for me to select any staff ID to allow me to put up the expense claim for other colleague.  Can someone advise what additional steps are required?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne

Did you assign the travel assistant role too? (I know SAP_ALL assigned but try also assigning the specific travel assistant role)

Try launching the iview fitv_powl_assistant from se80 and see if it works directly from the backend for a first step

Sally

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I realised that I actually need to first create the FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT application via LPD_CUST.  However, I noticed another issue.

When I highlight the staff whom I intend to put up expense claim on behalf, I noticed that I can only enter via Express Expense Sheet link.  Is there another way where I can enter the claims via the same screen flow as FITE_EXPENSES application?  I need to be able to enter receipts via the same screen flow.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to resolve my issue.  The type FITV_POWL_TRIPS_EXP_ASSISTANT was earlier not assigned to application FITV-POWL-TRIPS-ASSISTANT.  I have done the setup via POWL_TYPER.  It is okay now.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

assuming you are using the WDA Services and the Launchpad Navigation technology:

Your user needs authorizations which are explicitely checked in Standard Implementation PTRM_NEW_HRESS_MENU_CL in BADI HRESS_MENU. Otherwise the Service is hidden. Check this implementation for more details to actually understand when exactly the service is visible and when it's not.

Another thing you should do is run Report POWL_WLOAD to update the POWL queries after doing anything that manipulates the Personalization Framework of a POWL Application.

Cheers, Lukas