cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 - OData Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can somebody please provide me a sample code for OData application using SMP 3.0 in Android? It would be good if somebody had a custom application just exhibiting the simple operations. Please do not link me to the SMPFlightManagementForAndroid example. It is too confusing and difficult to start with. I request for a simple code showing how to establish the connection and requesting data from the OData service. For example, a user has a text box where he can input something and the application gives back a list of objects. Thereafter, he can CREATE/UPDATE/DELETE an object. I just want the code for a scenario as simple as this with not too many authorizations and validations as given in the SMPFlightManagementForAndroid example.

Please help me out!

Thanking all in advance.

Regards,

Sreyan Choudhury

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sreyan,

You can go with some you tube videos. Develop an OData Application for Android - Part 1 - YouTube

Here are 3 parts.

You may also look at SMP's OData SDK for Android

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you . I have gone through almost all of these. I have seen the videos too. I have no problem in understanding in how this works. I just want the code, without much complications and a lot many classes. I think a single class is enough to define the connection, request for service metadata/data and make a GET request? That is all I want. The example provided (SMPFlightManagementForAndroid) is just not simple to begin with.

Also, when I define a blank application in the SMP 3.0 cockpit, how do I relate my code with the application on the server? There is no longer an SMP SDK for SMP 3.0 right? So how do I deploy the application from a standalone Eclipse environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying with the SMPFlightManagementForAndroid application. I think it's the BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST bapi which have been used to generate the Gateway service? So I created an OData Gateway service using the bapi and tried consuming it from Android.

I created the blank OData application in SMP3.0 Cockpit and then run my application. User registration went through successfully. It is then supposed to enter the Carrier List screen. But it just returns a blank screen. Am I missing something here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sorted out the problem regarding the Carrier List screen. It was an URL issue. Now that I've crossed this barrier, can somebody help with CRUD operations?