cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in activating Calculation view

vivek_vk_83
Explorer

Hi Gurus,

Please help me in resolving this issue below as I get an error when activating calculation view.

• Internal deployment of object failed;Repository: Encountered an error in repository runtime extension;Internal Error:Unable to create hierarchy view: CREATE COLUMN VIEW

SQL: transaction rolled back by an internal error: identifier is too long: the identifer

description" is too long. Maximum length is 127:

I have checked all content related to this error but not able to find a solution.

Please advise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Might be your name of the calculation view or calculated column etc length is too big.

Shorten the name and activate it.

Regards

Raj

vivek_vk_83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj .. I have shortened the description and activation is successful now

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sesh_Sreenivas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Though your calc view name could be small, the 'fully qualified' calculation view name could be bigger than 127 character.

Fully Qualified name = <packagename.packagename.packagename.....>/<calc view name>

For each calc view that you activate, HANA internally creates more than one column views (based on your attributes) which are found under the _SYS_BIC schema and there it will fail if the column view name is exceeding 127 characters.

Solution: make sure the fully qualified name is not too big

Regards,

Sesh

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Sesh for clear explanation.

mrwong05
Participant
0 Kudos

seshadri.sreenivasr Could you advise if we can't make the FQN shorter? Is there a way to increase the limit on the FQN length?