cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample category

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where is configuration node to enter sample category? As per our business requirements I like to create few new sample category. Somehow I'm not able to find in SPRO. Help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd be careful adding values to this table and using them.

SAP uses these values in their code.  If you added new ones, you will not get proper sample calculations.  In the code,  a primary, pooled and retain sample have very specific meanings and what they mean, impacts the calculations.  Anything you add to that table, would have no meaning in the SAP code and I think could cause a lot of ABAP dumps.

Craig

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If we don't have any configuration node to add value then I would go with alternate solution but not do direct entry in table .

Let's wait if someone has idea about this config before I go with alternate.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, That must be the last option only after verifying all possibilities.

I should have stated this in my earlier post.

Its good that you have an alternate solution.

Amol.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

There is no Configuration Node for maintaining Sample category and I could not even find any standard Transaction code for the same.

Table for Sample category is TQ44 - PRTYP. You can not add entries using table maintenance for this table. (I could not; obviously in Sandbox).

What you can do is get an Abaper and write a program to add entries for TQ44 - PRTYP.

Amol.