cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Columns - Aggregation behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've recently moved from HANA 6.9  to version 7.2 and I am getting an unexpected behaviour on how calculated column work. I was happy on 6.9 but in 7.2 things are not working anymore as used to.

The developer guide state that there should be an option in Hana studio called "Calculate before aggregation" that can be used to force the calculation of the calculated columns before the aggregation happen.

Despite I couldn't find this option in any menu in Hana studio during the creation of the calculated column, the default behaviour seems to be what described in the developer guide when this option is enabled.

Does anyone know how to disable this option or even better the xml snippet created when this option is not enabled ?

The behaviour that I need to obtain is the default behaviour described in the developer guied (i.e. want the calculation to happen after the data is aggregated not before)

see page 280 of the developer guide SAP HANA Platform SPS 07 Document Version: 1.1 -  13-03-2014

Thanks,

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

What is the artifact you are using?

This flag is only possible for analytic view.

For graph calculation view you can do it doing a projection after an aggregation node.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tested on Rev 68 and 70, it is still coming for the calculated columns in Analytic Views as shown by Fernando above.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fernando,

indeed I am using a graph calculation view, that's explain why I don't see the option.

I've a star schema and a projection as fact table, I've switched to from projection to aggragation to get the behaviour that I need (i.e. calculation after aggregation) but for some other reasons my calculation fails.

Anyway your post answer my original question, thanks a lot 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishna for confirming that.

Mario

Answers (0)