Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing of PO Server

torsten_bruckmann2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you tell me, for how many SAPS a Server is good for?

HP

DL 585 G7

24 Cores

64 GB RAM

PO 7.31

Thank you for help
Torsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

torsten_bruckmann2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Jocelyn,

thank you for your answer.

I have never seen a Quicksizer for PO. Only one for PI.

But it is not answering my question. The Result of a Quicksizer is a number of SAPS, which will not help at all. We think about a Range of 70 000 to 110000 SAPS.

The Question is, for how many SAPS is the Server good for. The Customer has already the Server as described above.

The Published Benchmark Results http://global.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/sd3tier.epx list, has unfortunately not an Example we can use.

I just wanted a Housenumber, not really consulting.

Regards

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

This mainly depends on your requirements: Expected PI traffic, number of BPM instances and concurrent users working on UWL, etc.

As Jocelyn already mentioned: You need to refer to the sizing guides, there is no PO quicksizer available yet. Therefore, to get the PO sizing make a separate PI sizing via quicksizer and do a sizing according to BPM sizing guide (can be found at http://service.sap.com/sizing). Afterwards add the two SAPS values to get the total SAPS requirements. Based on this you can select the hardware.

Best Regards

Harald

arie_koedood
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Harald

Do you know if a quicksizer for PO has been made available in the mean time? I could not find anything when I looked for it. We have a single stack Java PO 7.4 system and we are planning to add about 40% more message load on it. I want to check if we will in theory go over our current SAPS.

I will go with your suggested approach using PI and BPM combined sizing as it seems to be the only solution I have found so far.

Kind regards

Arie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arie,

There is no quicksizer for the SAP PO 7.4. You can refer to sizing guidelines and it is a T Shirt based sizing. Based on the matrix available & inputs(Avg No of messages per Hour & size of XML) provided by technical team. You can map it small or moderate.

Regards,

Mahesh C

arie_koedood
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

You might want to take a look at the Quicksizer for Process Orchestration.  This is really a consulting question.

Rgds,

Jocelyn