cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass tag name and value dynamically in the output of PCo notification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to develop such a scenario where there can be multiple no of tags in PCo (Say 10) but there will be single notification to push the tag name when the value got changed and the changed value to MII. for any value change for any of the tag, the notification will be trigger. So As per my knowledge I have to pass the tag name and value dynamically in the "output" tab of the notification. But need your support to find out how to pass them dynamically.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any solution or any way out to solve this issue, or if there have any way to create notification dynamically in PCo then we can try with that approach also. Any idea?

Regards,

Suman

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Currently there is no PCo mechanism to detect which tag has changed value and assign that tagname and value to a notification output.  The Notification Trigger type = Always will fire the notification if any of the tags in the Agent instance subscription items changes value, and will pass whatever tags and values are defined in the Notification Output to the destination.

What is your use case for having to dynamically detect the tag vs setting up specific notifications for the tag change?

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I am facing similar problem. I need to monitor around 200 tags, instantaneous status change (0  to 1) an alert needs to be sent to the responsible person.  I would require the tag name which has changed the status. So is there a way out without creating 200 notification under 1 Agent? Its hectic to create 200 notification and configuring the same Output(TagName) and Destination values again and again. Will template checkbox, while creating the notification would help? What is its purpose?

Regards,

Jeedesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman/Jeedesh,

As per Pco notification, it will trigger whenever any of the tag value changes in Agent instance subscription items.

For above issue, My suggestion

1. Create DB table name TAGLIST with 200 tags as rows in columns (Tagname, TagValue)

2. Based on notification trigger, create a transaction and update values w.r.t TagNames in above table

3. Next time, when notification trigger with fresh value for any of the tag, cross check with existing TagName with Value and update in DB table.

4. And in the mean time, send those Tag details vie mail trigger or as per requirement

Instead of creating 200 notification, above is a just alternate way suggestion to achieve dynamic tag value change notification.

Hope it might solve your problem

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen & Steve.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried with the approach what Praveen has said. But the main problem with that approach is that suppose you have 1000 tags (we have that no of tags) and you put the trigger type as always, then if any change happened just after 2-3 sec of one notification, then full load (data of 1000 tags) will be returned to MII and need to be handled in the table what Praveen mentioned. In that case it will become a performance issue. and I totally agreed with Jeedesh that it is really very hectic job to create notification individually for 1000 tags. So it will become really a easy if we have any wayaround to create the notification dynamically or to pass the tag name and value dynamically in a single notification.

Regards,

Suman