cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating extended fields in SRM Business Partner Web Dynpro UI does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey community,

I'd like to extend the SAP SRM Business Partner Web Dynpro (SRM 7.13). I did it like in SAP Note 1386310 described. Everything works fine, the fields show the correct data. But updating these fields does not have any effect.

I only want to extend the existent fields NAME_ORG3 and NAME_ORG4. I did the following steps:

- Because of the fact that the fields are existent and not custom, I skipped the extension of structures INCL_EEW_BUT000 and INCL_EEW_BUT000_X (ok, in utter despair I even tried this, but of course I got the message "fields already exist...")
- I added the 2 fields to the SRM business partner data transfer structure INCL_EEW_BP_CSF_COMPANY_DATA.
- In Web Dynpro /SAPSRM/WDC_MODC_NAME, view V_PS_OIF_NAME I added the fields NAME_ORG3 and NAME_ORG4 to the context node COMPANY_DATA
- I added corresponding Input fields and labels to the WD layout.

- in view /sapsrm/v_mdfsbc I customized the new fields

-> the new fields are visible in the WD, and, oh wow, they even show the correct data!

-> Unfortunately, updating the fields does not work, but000 does not get any data.

Debugging the function "bupa_central_extincl_change" brings up, that function BUP_MEMORY_BUT000_GET gets a but000 structure with filled NAME_ORG1 and NAME_ORG2, but NAME_ORG3 and NAME_ORG4 are empty.

I also regarded SAP Note 1453747, but the code was already right.

Any Ideas? Many thanks in advance!
Steffi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Stefanie Krause,

I am also facing the same problem

I added the one fields "APPROVAL_EMAIL” to the SRM business partner, data transfer structure '/SAPSRM/S_CLL_BP_COMPANY_DATA ' . I have appended the structure.

I added corresponding Input fields and labels to the WD layout.

-> the new fields are visible in the WD,

-> i am able to visible the input field in WD,

But if add some value press on next tab and back to the screen the value will be refreshed .

Kindly help me

Thanks and Regards,

Maruthi.M