cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduction of Forecast in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are facing an issue in handling reduction (Consumption of forecast after PGI of a Sales Order PGI) in APO for a unique business scenario. I would like to check with experts in SDN community about their experience of handling below scenario.

Business scenario and settings:

We use MRP strategy 10, with consumption mode 2 and backward and forward consumption periods. This enables consumption of forecast based on Sales order PGIs.

We release forecast from DP monthly bucket to Weekly buckets in SNP.

STEP 1

DP Monthly CDP     100

W1      W2     W3    W4

SNP weekly FCST      25        25      25       25   -   (If we do PGI of 60, beginning of week 1),

Reduction will be         25       25      10

[Remaining Consensus Demand Plan (CDP) will be 40]

Above Scenario will translate into DP_SCHED table as three entries. 

Reduction       CDP

25                  25

25                  25

25                  10

STEP 2

We have business process of adjusting forecast in current month as well using a KF called "Off cycle adjustments"

Say the new DP Monthly CDP is 80 -> (An off-cycle entry of -20 will reduce initial CDP of 100 to 80)

W1  W2    W3    W4

SNP weekly FCST     20    20      20     20   -> (Now if the same PGI of 60 stays),

Reduction will be        25    25     10

Remaining Forecast that APO shows will 30, Where as in reality it is just 20.

Even after above changes, the entries will remain same in DP_SCHED table as three entries  (DP head is constant)

Reduction       CDP

25                  25

25                  25

25                  10

PGI reduction seems to be one time call as soon as PGI happens /Reversals happen based on  /SAPAPO/CIF_IRQ_REDUCT_INBOUND.

SAP response is that Forecast changes in SNP for reduction using PGI will create inconsistences and SAP does not support it

Any suggestions on handling such scenarios will be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is a scenario that SAP does not support and unfortunately cannot support I remember that I have provided such reply to my customer ... (Maybe the reply mentioned in this post ... )
I'm interested to hear some ideas from our external consultant