cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reindex old documents in TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a problem with TREX. Hopefully you can help us with this problem.

We migrated TREX, KM config and documents from an old portal to a new portal. After changing the hostnames and reindex, TREX didn’t find any documents. After a little investigation we came to the conclusion that only new uploaded documents or old documents which we changed will indexed by TREX.

Do you know a solution how we can index the old documents ? Is there maybe a filter in the crawler which only picks up new or changed documents?

Thanks for your help!

Alain Boonzaier 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

or would have been a more suitable space for this discussion thread. Anyway, you can trigger Reindex from KM Index Administration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply.You are right, wrong place. If you can see this one of my first posting so I will look beter next time. The point is I already used the reindex from KM Index Administration. Normaly this works but this time it looks like TREX is deindexing. Because after pressing the reindex button TREX also couldn't find the new documents anymore. And the queue (display queue in TREX monitor) is after this action empty.

Do you have another suggestion?   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bonnzaier,

Restart you Trex sever and reindex the document again. Kindly share the result.

Thanks

patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. We restarted the TREX engine and J2EE Portal engine a couple of times. After that I reindex. But no result. You talk about a restart of the server. But don't you think a restart of the services isn't enuough? But ok you never know. Thanks! And of course I will share the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the reindexing fails, there must be something wrong with the TREX configuration. See the KM application log and the portal defaultTrace to identify the problem. Check the TREX nameserver configuration in NW admin as well as the URL generation service in KM.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bonnzaier,

where do you see that the indexing failed for the documents ? In the Crawler or TREX monitor? If the documents are listed in the TREX Monitor -> >Queues , what's/are the error codes returned by TREX  for these documents ?

Best regards,
Mikhail

Answers (0)