cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender adapter - 3 calls in PO 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario to fetch database records from ORACLE database using SAP PO 7.4 - JDBC adapter

There are 3 calls to make in order to fetch the data

a) Call a procedure before the fetch

b) fetch the record

c) Call another procedure after the fetch

How can we achieve this ?

thx

mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All the 3 calls are to a single DB or they are to different DBs?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the 3 calls are to a single ORACLE DB

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael - Why don't you merge them into another stored procedure and call it form JDBC sender channel?

Any constraint in doing that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If that's the case, then just call first SP with the request message and let DB perform other DML opeartions? Why to unnecessary burden message processing in PI?

In case u still want to use PI then u can use NW BPM (since u are using PO?) to call ur SPs in sequence and get the response back.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies. There is a standard architecture they are following where in the consumer of the database (in this case PO 7.4) has to follow the calls in the sequence step 1, step 2 and 3. 

If I have to use NW BPM, what would be the steps? By the way, there is no response I am expecting in step 1 and 3 while calling corresponding procedures. Only fetch records in step 2 gets the records using select statement with join.

Thanks

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>By the way, there is no response I am expecting in step 1 and 3 while calling corresponding procedures. Only fetch records in step 2 gets the records using select statement with join.

That's the reason i was suggesting u to use everything in DB instead of making multiple calls.

>>There is a standard architecture they are following where in the consumer of the database (in this case PO 7.4) has to follow the calls in the sequence step 1, step 2 and 3.

IMO, u can certainly challenge the architecture if u are finding gaps in that.

BTW, if u are really interested in implementing this using NW BPM then u can post ur doubts here. Will try to help u in implementing the same.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am opening this up for a follow up qs on this topic. Is it true that we can't directly invoke a stored procedure from PI 7.4 sender JDBC adapter for retrieving data from ORACLE DB and we have to rely on table functions.

I was looking at some blogs on sender JDBC stored procedure calls for SAP PI 7.1/7.3/7.4

And the note Michael was referring to 941317 - XI / PI JDBC Adapter: Known Problems / Incompatibilities  has the following piece of code for invoking a stored procedure from a package function returning collection of elements.

---------- pkg1 ----------

CREATE PACKAGE pkg1 AS

TYPE numset_t IS TABLE OF NUMBER;

FUNCTION f1(x NUMBER) RETURN numset_t PIPELINED;

END pkg1;

/

CREATE PACKAGE BODY pkg1 AS

-- FUNCTION f1 returns a collection of elements (1,2,3,... x)

FUNCTION f1(x NUMBER) RETURN numset_t PIPELINED IS

BEGIN

FOR i IN 1..x LOOP

PIPE ROW(i);

END LOOP;

RETURN;

END;

END pkg1;

/

---------- pkg1 ----------

This function has to be invoked from the sender channel configuration (SELECT statement) as follows:

SELECT * FROM TABLE(pkg1.f1(5));

If I can't call stored procedure directly from PI sender JDBC adapter in 7.4,

I have to ask the Oracle DB guy to write a stored procedure which wraps all 3 procedures into one and again wrap it up using the package functions as well if required. So, please let me know.

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

I think we can call a store procedure directly in sender JDBC adapter.

Why don't you give it a try and let us know if that works or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indrajit,

I've mySQL server as part of the wamp bundle in my laptop. And I have written a stored procedure there. Now, how do I call it from PI? what would be the driver, connection details to be given?

I am doing a test myself to make sure it works before I ask the DB guy to work on package functions wrapping the procedure..pls help

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody? the qs basically is how to connect to local Database server on your laptop from SAP PI using JDBC adapter? Has anyone tried this? This is similar to having a local FTP server installed in your laptop and test file polling or pushing.

thx

mike