cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if client uses all the APO modules along with ECC then what is the CIF role in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per my knowledge if the client is using only SAP ECC and DP then CIF does not play any role but what about if client uses all the APO modules along with ECC then what is the CIF role in DP ?

Thanks in advance ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi srilatha,

ECC and APO (SCM) system are different, ECC is execution system and APO is planning system. if you want to plan the data through APO system you should need master data and transaction data as a base from ECC system. for this reason we are using interface is called CIF between ECC and APO systems.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

i am aware all the above details what u mentioned.

Generally  i am extracting the historical data from Excel to BI in DP- @ my project.

But if the data is in SAP ECC then do we need to use CIF to extract the data to BI in DP... so what is the role of CIF in DP if client uses only DP module? and if the client uses all the APO modules then what is the role of CIF in DP especially ?....awaiting for ur response....

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi

for this question i agree with michael wallace answer. its exactly right what he sent.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, If you also use SNP and/or PPDS in APO along with DP, it generally means the forecasts requirement (PIR) generated by DP will be planned further in SNP and/or PPDS at APO side instead of in MRP planning at ECC side, so you do not need to CIF or release the DP result to ECC. Because you need CIF anyway for SNP and/or PPDS, you have to use CIF in this situation, but CIF does not do more than when you only use DP, or we can say, CIF does not play any role in DP, except that,
as Michael said, you need the master data in DP to be validated according to APO master. 

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreelata

Even if you are using only DP you might want to transfer the plants and materials to use them for masterdata validation when creating cvc's.  You would also need the master data to use BOM's in DP.

Michael