cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project naming convention

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a new Project is created in Project Systems, the business needs the naming convention to be enforced based on the Project Type to stay standardized.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the methodology you are following to create?. Are you using templates, if so please create templates as you needed to default description.

Are check with your ABAPer to develop code to default name of the project from project type field which was maintained in configuration settings.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

My requirement is as follows:

Project Coding Mask: SD-XXXXXXXX-00-00-00-00

now business is expecting (XXX) First Three should represent plant number, rest of the 6 number follows AR(Appropriation request),system restricts the user if creates the project like sdsales) system display error message,(we have 5  different project coding mask) and we have 30 plants,

Is it possible Through Validation /Substitution  Functions? is there any other way to meet my requirement.

Thanks in advance

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess your SD represents - special characters. What was your input there was it 2 or 3.

Make that as 3 letters and that would represent your plant as you needed.

Accordingly change the XXXXXX - (here you can input alpha numeric) and represents appropiation requests.

Keep in mind that coding mask characters should not exceed more than 24 and within that you can play around.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPSJ, Your Project ID could have up to max 5 characters special chars only. and Coding Mask could be up to 24 Alphanumeric chars.

And as I understood, you want to give Project ID like sdsales. See sdsales=6 chars if you will give it as Project ID field then you will get error.

Also got thru the thread:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/en/74/e32c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Regards

Shishir

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Considering your requirement, the appropriate solution would be to implement the validation with an User Exit.

Thank you and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

I had tried the validation, and I am not getting the positive result,

please suggest me validation with user exit.

Regards,

Naresh

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I can suggest steps but for the user exit you need to seek help from ABAPer:

1. Prerequisites: Keep blank (else PROJ-PSPID: 1-2: = 'IN' as an example)
  2. check (User exit in which the check would be performed)
  3. in exit Mention PROJ-PSPID: 4-6 to check the valid plant as per your requirement
  4. In exit mention PROJ-PSPID: 7-12 to check the valid AR in the AR table.

Hope it helps as a trigger point for your soultion, kindly build the detailed solution from here. For user Exits in Validations and Substitutions; there are plenty of the inputs on SDN community.

Thank you and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

The SCN Rules of Engagement