cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WriteFile Action, send files to network location

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP MII 14.0.3 Build 33

I have a particular need to transmit files I create from MII to a network folder location.  I understand that in order to do this I must first remove the "MII" from the default file path in the system properties and grant rights to the SAPService[SID] user to the folder.  I have done this and I have been able to write files to folders that are local to the MII server (C:\, D:\ ...), but once I try mapping to a network location and attempting to write files to it or simply using the network folder location, I get errors.  Has anyone encountered this issue and how can I solve it?

Path to folder location gives me this error:

[ERROR] [Write_File_0]WriteFile error: [Folder Location] (The user name or password is incorrect)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory

Please check the note 1619458 to see if you have done all the steps listed here.

This may help you.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.  This is exactly what I am looking for.  Works perfectly.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregory,

I've faced this issue before, and this requirement was resolved by using the FTP Action Blocks. Have you tried this other approach?

Regards,

Henry Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was my original approach, but the client would prefer not to use the FTP action block.  I guess I may need to recommend this route afterall.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

The way I have had to solve this for other customers is to set the Folder Permissions and Share Permissions to Everyone - Full Control for direct access from MII.  Another option may be  to use the PCo FileMonitorAgent and agent instance and write the file with a TagQuery, setting TagName=fully qualified path/file name, and TagValue=the text of the file.  PCo Agent can specify authentication user to be used to access Remote Shares.  I have not tried this so I am not positive that it will work.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

MII uses the SYSTEM user as the account.  Grant this user the access to the folder.

Also have a look at this thread:

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The folder already has granted the SYSTEM user. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Kindly have a look at these threads:

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the route that I have been trying to take recently.  No luck so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This route is not working because you cannot assign a local user (SAPService[SID]) to a group for a network folder.  What is the work around?