SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for Budget Deficit in GMAVCOVRW

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys:

Client has reported an issue regarding a Grant. System has allowed user to consume budget more than the available budget in sponsored class for the grant. In Report GMAVCOVRW system is showing this abnormal behavior for only two Grants in live system. We never turned off budget check, we never used flexible tolerance profile for these sponsored class , why it is happening i am unable to figure it out. I checked GMIA table there are no any entries like FI adjustment posting which may cause negative budget in Available amount column. Please check it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You can use other reports such as GM_E_4GBA - Overall Budget vs. Commitment/Actuals Totals to identify the budget and actual line items. Possible causes - Budget was adjusted after posting, consumption entry was exempt from availability control, control object derivation was changed, etc.. You have to know the exact composition of the Consumable budget column and the consumption column.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You can use other reports such as GM_E_4GBA - Overall Budget vs. Commitment/Actuals Totals to identify the budget and actual line items. Possible causes - Budget was adjusted after posting, consumption entry was exempt from availability control, control object derivation was changed, etc.. You have to know the exact composition of the Consumable budget column and the consumption column.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Configuration in the mentioned areas is untouched since go live. I already gone through the report you have mentioned , it did not show any abnormal posting against these Grants. I am really surprised how come system allowed budget overrun in these grants .

0 Kudos

Atif,

Do the totals of line items in GMIA and GMIP match the total shown by the report? Are any line items statistical? Is the activity/value type used in the actual postings deriving the correct tolerance profile? Are all budget transfers subject to availability control?

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Yes they are matching and GMIA table is showing 376082 PKR as total consumption which matched. GMIP table also matches. Only abnormal thing i have identified with this grant is the change in validity . Its validity was initially 31.12.2013, hence user was unable to do any posting in it after 31.12.2013 so he changed it to 30.06.2014 and posted transactions in grant but i think this should not effect it. Rest all checks you have asked are there in system.

0 Kudos

Atif,

What is the budget splitting rule? Is it based on grant validity?

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi :

Yes it is based on Grant Validity .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I would ask them to post more consumptions to the addresses that are in deficit. If the posting went through, it would be either a configuration issue or some sort of system modification (BADI, etc). If the postings got stopped, than it would be so called 'error can not be re-produced'. It had to be at certain point of time some settings were changed (and later changed back). My speculation is it is the former case and it is caused by a system modification.

Regards,

Ming 

0 Kudos

Hi:

At last I was able to find the reason behind budget overrun in GM
despite of strict check.

I first tracked the last document which consumed or committed the
budget for this sponsored class, program, grant and fund from GMIA table. What I
found is exchange rate fluctuations caused this issue. PO was created on
17.07.2013 in currency EUR with exchange rate 1 EUR=132.11 Pkr. PO value was 819.82 EUR. In local currency 819.82*132.11=108306.4202 PKR. Commitment of 108306.4202 PKR was booked when PO was created.
As PO was created in foreign currency, creator
must
have ticked Fixed Exchange rate in Delivery/Invoice tab of PO but he did not. GRN
for this PO was booked on 28.12.2013, at that point in time Exchange rate had fluctuated
to 1 EUR-=135.64 Pkr, hence budget actualization booked in foreign currency was 819.82 EUR
but in PKR it was booked at new exchange rate and amount turned out to be 111200.3848 PKR and system since does not check budget overrun at GRN time so it consumed budget by 111200 PKR and this caused budget overrun in this sponsored class of 2894 PKR. This caused the issue.
Since there is no budget check on GRN by default from SAP so I have asked client now if it is required or not. If they asked I will get it done through BADI mentioned in Note 755495

Regards

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

The only thing I can think of is that you can try to identify which budget consumption posting(s) actually bypassed the AVC. Once you know the posting (usually the last few), then you can recreate it and check if it bypasses AVC. Items to check include whether the GL Account is set to update statistically.

Thanks

Shyam