Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Connecting to SMD server ms://hostname:8101/P4 failed - error

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

when I try to start the SOLMAN via sapmmc then SMD is not being connected and I am getting below error.

Warning Connecting to SMD server ms://hostname:8101/P4 failed - error counter: 2 - com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

when I try to open hostname:50000/sld then getting following issue

503 Service Unavailable

SAP J2EE Engine

Application cannot be started.

Details:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error.

check the attached image of sapmmc in which java process are running with green color.

I am unable to login on VA because getting this message Error While Connecting

I tried to resolve it but .

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Have you restarted the solman system as suggested.

solmandiag process along with many other process are not coming up.

Follow the SAP note 1157040 - InstanceNotFoundException in Session Management UI

Default trace i got the below error

1. Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application sap.com/tc~slm~slmapp cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.sap.lcr with type application, which is not active on the server.

2.Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application sap.com/tc~smd~e2etraceupload cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource tc~webadministrator~solmandiag with type application, which is not active on the server.

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application sap.com/caf~tc cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource caf~runtime~ear with type application, which is not active on the server.

Please let us know , what activity you have performed before.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please let us know , what activity you have performed before.

we don't know about it. If we know about this activity than error should be resolved up to the present time.

which log you have required now and what will be the solution as per your experience?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you activated the emergency user? Check this with help of Activating the Emergency User - Identity Management - SAP Library.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Roman,

I have did it but faced same error when I  tried to login in VA with sap* then getting below error.

00215E560C4E000000000001595780D90004F5903D9A5535#1395899764461#com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask##com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask#######Thread[Thread-2,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server/VisualAdministrationTool#Java###Error while trying to login to SAPNSOL.orient.com: Exception while trying to get InitialContext.

[EXCEPTION]

{0}#1#com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is java.lang.NullPointerException]

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:455)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:219)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:195)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask.connectAction(LoginTask.java:115)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask.run(LoginTask.java:81)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:579)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.engine.services.security.roles.SecurityRoleReference.isCallerInRole(SecurityRoleReference.java:96)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.cluster.SecurityBase.isOperationLegal(SecurityBase.java:140)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.JNDIProxyImpl.checkPermissions(JNDIProxyImpl.java:145)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.JNDIProxyImpl.getNewServerContext(JNDIProxyImpl.java:115)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.JNDIProxyImplp4_Skel.dispatch(JNDIProxyImplp4_Skel.java:82)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

I think when this cause(Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException) will be rectified then i am able to login but how can i resolve it.

Regards,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use configtool utility to check emergency user activation. It's connected directly to DB not using J2EE Engine services.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are trying to connect via J2EE Engine services.would you tell me that how can i resolve following issue.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide screenshot/full error log with error? As already mentioned start configtool.bat utility and check emergency user status in UME service configuration.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Have you taken the restart of java stack?

Disable the emergency user SAP* in config tool and take a restart of sap system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Restart the solman system.

If it is not coming up , then paste the logs from the work directory.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am sending you relevant logs. If you still need more logs than please tell me log name.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please attach also dev_server0 log file. And as mentioned in previous message attach defaultTrace.X.log file for period when you restart solman system. About VA. What version of your solman system? And attach log files from VA log directory.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please find required logs while using SOLMAN 7.1 SP08.

defaultTrace.1.txt (latest trace log)

Regards,

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Run the below command

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://solman.full.qual.host.name" port:"81XX" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"provide the password"

XX is SCS instance number.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

As I mentioned that I am unable to connect to Visual Administrator (go.bat) and I am also getting 503 Service Unavailable when I try to connect sld /useradmin via url (hostname:50000/).  I already run commands but still same error.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide latest SMDAgent/log/SMDSystem.X.log file for smdagent? Please attach also latest defaultTrace.X.trc file for Solution Manager system.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Roman,

Please find required files.

Regards,