Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict the user from creating table in any schema using hdbdd

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Problem Description: (Rev 68)

I have "CREATE ANY" access under Schema X and do not have any access under Schema Y.

When am using HDBDD file to create tables. If I mention @Schema : 'Y'. The file gets activated and it is creating a table under Y. ( Even though I do not have access for Y)

Am guessing this behavior is because _SYS_REPO is the user creating the tables up on activation and may be because it has access to those schemas it is creating.

Is there a way to control this behavior to avoid creating the tables under schemas which we do not have access using hdbdd?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Request your inputs on this.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No. This is as designed. Creation is not done by the developer but by SYS_REPO and if the schema was created by .schema of course SYS_REPO will have access to it.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. But the developer having access to activate , thought the creation is done by _SYS_REPO how do I control the developer from creating tables under schemas which he doesn't have access to?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You don't. At least not with anything I've seen in standard.why the reason for wanting to restrict? Developers should only have package access to create/activate in a dev system. Further they can only create tables. you can control editing of current objects via package privileges. And even creating doesn't give the developer read or write access to the data in the tables.