SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment GL posting in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have activated segment reporting in SAP and also have multiple segments(area wise). We have created Co assignment with PC/CC and assigned it at "Contract" level alongwith segment. While posting through FPE1 system is updating relevant segment and PC/CC but when we are trying to post any incoming payment through FP05/FP25 then system is giving "Segment missing"(Message no-809) error.

To resolve this error we need to pass entry in posting area 300 but that is corresponding to company code only and also single segment we can pass.

So how to update corresponding segment & PC/CC  of "Contract" through FP25.

Valuable inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The posting area 300 , needs to be used .and in this area , i think the rest two keys are not activated  in your case . to activate this keys in the posting area 300 , go to the top bar select" goto "and there" select keys" , through this you can activate two more fields "account category " and "G/L account ". after this you can maintain your segment for combinations comapany code and/or account category and/or G/L account .

I think this will resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The posting area 300 , needs to be used .and in this area , i think the rest two keys are not activated  in your case . to activate this keys in the posting area 300 , go to the top bar select" goto "and there" select keys" , through this you can activate two more fields "account category " and "G/L account ". after this you can maintain your segment for combinations comapany code and/or account category and/or G/L account .

I think this will resolve your issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Santrupta ,

Thanks for the reply. But problem is that our segments are mapped on the basis of area so we have multiple segments. In posting area 300 we have to map it against company code or GL. So this configuration will not work for us.

If you can help on any other settings then that will be appreciable.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can have a look at event 0081 , and you can follow these notes to get an idea about all the functionality available and the releases they are available for

1469556 - Derivating segment in FI-CA

1469741 - Segment derivation in IS-U

0 Kudos

Hi Santrupta ,

We have looked event 0081 which internally called "FKK_Account_Determine" functional module and later checked the posting area 0300 so problem remain same , here system will call segment against company code and GLs irrespective of the segment mapped at the contract level.

Though with some enhancement we can modify the segment value but main problem is to get the segment value at business partner item level for some transactions like 020 020(Single Segment can only be map through posting area 0301) area wise.

And also will any changes to "FKK_Account_Determine" functional module impact any other functionally?

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You should not change the "FKK_Account_Determine" , this is used to determine events for all the functions  that are listed in FQEVENTS , suggest you to look at  note 1469741 - Segment derivation in IS-U, i see some function modules which may be helpful if you are in the appropriate release , other wise you can look at " substitution" in "FI" may you can find something that helps your cause .

0 Kudos

Hi Santrupta ,

Thanks for the reply and valuable inputs. As per the note 1469741 we can enhance event 1102 and 1100 to get the solution.

I have a doubt here, like if we want to post segment at contract level we can get it from "Contract" (It is fine here) and if we want to post segment at contract account level then through EK02(entries in table TECOD) but in EK02 we can only maintain one Co assignment against respective contamination i.e  CoCode/Div/AID/MT/ST .

We have only three basic AIDs i,e domestic , Commercial and Industrial. So don't think in EK02 we can map multiple segments against one combination if it is a contract account level postings to get the proper segment.

To get the solution we are planning to have multiple AIDs and by using Posting area 300 and 301 get the segments . Is it a right approach because more AIDs will be created in the system? And also through this Profit Center is not populating.

Valuable inputs on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi ,

what i would suggest is that you can give a through look at both the events 1102 and 1100 and if non of the derivation scheme work for you , you can hard code your own custom logic in event 0081 ,this is suggested in note -1469556 in the last line of the note .

As far as profit center derivation is concerned please follow the following notes

1454530 -- profit center in FI-CA

1473984 - Profit center derivation in the utilities industry (IS-U)

You can also look at the note 1967904.

Creating new Account determination ids as per area , I would not suggest so , but other experts in this forum may shed some more light on this.

0 Kudos

Hi Santrupta ,

Thanks for the valuable inputs and suggestions. We are working on this. Hope will get some solution.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar