cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Async Proxy Message - queue problem

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts, The scenario is asynchronous ABAP proxy -> SFTP with EO as QoS. The problem was that some proxy messages were delayed as shown in the attached screenshot. They were sent on March 24 but they got processed and transferred by PI to receiver only on the following day, March 25. The other messages sent on the 24th were not delayed. Upon checking, both of these messages were assigned to the same XBTS queue while the rest use different queues. My guess is that, there's a problem with the specific XBTS queue on March 24, perhaps it's stuck. It was long running in DB_ENTRY_QUEUING. Then when the queue was up again on March 25, the delayed messages were persisted and processed. My question is, how can I catch such kind of problem? I want to be notified that there's a problem with the queue and my messages are not getting sent so I can act on I right away. Appreciate your inputs. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

You can get your Basis team to configure CCMS for this. Please check the link below.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/90/4e313f8815d036e10000000a114084/content.htm?frames...

Should be able to set a threshold for the qRFC queue that are long processing.

Rgds

Eng Swee

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng Swee! Do you also know how messages are assigned to a queue?

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

The following link explains it further

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

You can view the queues configuration in SXMB_ADM->Manage Queues.

For EO messages, during runtime, they are just distributed in parallel on the different queues since there should be no dependencies for EO messages. So PI does not guarantee that an earlier EO message will always be completed successfully before a later EO message.

If sequence/timing is important, then you need to consider EOIO. But the drawback with EOIO is once a message fails, it blocks all other messages on the same interface.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Eng Swee

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We used EO because we don't have dependencies and we don't want message blocking to happen. Thanks a lot Eng Swee! Appreciate it.

Answers (0)