cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a log mesage for any error which occurs in SAP PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where We need to log back to sending application in case of Error or success.

So here is my requirement.

1. Message comes into PI - Fails for any reason at any point -> need to create a log message back to sending application as a JMS async 'send and forget'.

2. Message comes into PI - Success and transmitted to target -> need to send a log message back to sending application as a JMS a sync saying its successful.

3. Message comes into PI -> goes to ECC ( Sync and Async) and ECC then needs to send back a log message irrespective of failure or success.

Note : All this is without payload.

This is basically for central logging which is already existing and SAP landscape is being added new and hence the request.

Is this possible?

V.SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Can any one help me with the question raised above?.

I believe one way to solve it is using BPM and with an exception branch where this can be thought of generating a message back to sender.

Any other thoughts?

V.SS

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam -

Message comes into PI - Fails for any reason at any point -> need to create a log message back to sending application as a JMS async 'send and forget'.

>>> Configure the alerts.. Follow the below blog and schedule the alert consumer job to send them to JMS queues..

-------------------------

Message comes into PI - Success and transmitted to target -> need to send a log message back to sending application as a JMS a sync saying its successful.

>>>>What are you trying to achieve by doing that? There would be tons of messages gets processed through middleware and it's a completely unnecessary load on the system thus impact on performance..

I can understand if you are doing this for failed messages..

We have a service using which you can retrieve the audit log "". See if you can make use of it any way..

------------------------

Message comes into PI -> goes to ECC ( Sync and Async) and ECC then needs to send back a log message irrespective of failure or success.

>>> If it is async then how come ECC would send the resp.. to whom the resp should go?

If all this stuff is just for monitoring then considering the impressive monitoring capabilities of PI, i don't see any value in doing this unless you are trying to do something with those logs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

Thanks a ton for the response.

Now that i see a response, let me be more specific.

SYNC Scenario

Soap over HTTP -> PI -> ECC

1. When PI receives the message need to send out a Acknowledgement to a JMS queue in a particular format which encompasses some fields in the header which is sent.

2. When a failure in PI happens needs to send out an "acknowledgement" in the same format back to sender to a JMS queue.

I read blogs over acknowledgment using SOAP adapter which is not directly supported.

This format of the message basically contains the Business transaction ID amongst some other fields which is uniform across all participating applications.This is then used by the Sender for all reporting which they are using for all applications now and hence the "world" gets to know centrally what has happened.

I am tryin to get this requirement assessed and the async can come later.Your help is appreciated as i have some deadlines which are stringent.

V.SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have now started thinking if SOAP Sender channel can handle acknowledgements in a synchronous scenario.

I will be able to convince the client if atleast an acknowledgement can be sent back to sender for a synchronous message.

I tried testing using the SendAckBean and obviously failed as this dosent support sync scenarios.

Need your advice gurus ..

V.ss

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

I have started working on this and seems like this is right solution.

This is in line with what i need though need to customize it.

Will ask you for more if need them..But thanks a TON.. You are very helpful .. Keep up the good work

V.SS