cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identifying a cell on webdynpro alv when user clicked it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Iam displaying one alv grid in that am having 10 columns....I need to have hotspot

for 2nd column and 6th column.But when the user clicked 2nd column i need to do one functionality

and when user clicked on 6th column i need to do another functionality.How can we identify whether

user clicked on 2nd cell or 6th cell(already am hadling event for on_click for 2nd column)...Please let me know the solution is grately appreciated...

thanks in advance...

Regards,

kranthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use, Event parameter mapping to identify the cell in which the user has clicked.

Parameter Mapping (SAP Library - Web Dynpro for ABAP)

Regards,

Sharath

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

You need to set the cell as LINK TO ACTION for 2nd column and 6th column.

Onclick of these cells you can catch the event ONCLICK Of alv and you can identify the attribute name of column to make which column and also it gives you the value of selected cell.

Please refer the below link

How to implement Link to action in ABAP webdynpro ALV - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramakrishnappa n sharath,

As per ur ur above post am getting the user clicked cell value in r_param->value(here the user performing link_to_url action on sanction order no(kblp-kblnr))...I need to concatenate this r_param->value with one string like "Sanction order no.is....".

Here the problem is iam unable to convert the r_param->value to char.If i can able to convert it to char.then i caoncatenate this r_param->value to "Sanction oreder no.is..."

Please suggest me it is urgent...thanks in advance.

Regards,

kranthi

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

r_param->value is a reference to data. So, you need to assign the value of r_param->value->* to a field symbol.

Please refer my answer in the below link

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama