cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal (ESS/MSS) connecting to mutiple clients in one SAP ERP 6.04 EHP5 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For our proposed training environment (ERP 6 EHP5, NW7.3), the ideal design will have one ERP master client which will then be copied  to up to 7 target clients on a regular basis via client copy. The training that will take place on these clients will/may include using ESS/MSS functionality vis the Portal.

My question is, can you have 1 only Portal  connected up to 7 clients in one ERP system. So trainees would connect via the same Portal, but depending on your userid you would be pointed to specific ERP backend client.

If there is a way to do this....please explain how to do it, and if it is officially supported by SAP. We are looking at upgrading to EHP 7 and Netweaver 7.4 in the near future.

If this question has been asked before, please forgive me, there seems to be a number of proposed ways to do this in the past, what I am after is a solution that that works for these versions, and of course the preference is that it is supported officially by SAP.

Cheers

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

My question is, can you have 1 only Portal  connected up to 7 clients in one ERP system. So trainees would connect via the same Portal, but depending on your userid you would be pointed to specific ERP backend client.

This is not possible using standard SAP ESS/MSS functionaliy on Portal.

Suggestion would be to install 7 Portal systems and connect them to each of the clients  OR

Swap the JCO configuration to next client when training on 1st client is completed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori