Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update Sales order item level prices after invoice is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have the following issue .

When the sales order was created Z001 price was populated based on the condition record and  the order was in complete status  Then we created delivery and  invoice , the invoice had the same price as that of sales orders.

Due to some code change related to pricing condition type - Z001 the prices in the sales order is changed to "ZERO" , when the sales order is opened in VA02 .

We now corrected the code related to condition type - Z001  and now need to get back the on the line items . I wanted to Update prices by clicking on icon " Update" in the line item condition tab . I am not able to do it as the update icon is grayed out.

Can any one help me with ideas for  fixing this issue  or any SAP utility  program .

Looking forward to your help .

Thanks and regards

Veera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member471960
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I agree to the above suggestion  that i need to cancel the invoices and update the prices in the sales order and then recreate the invoice . The issue here is that invoices are created in Nov - Dec 2013 and the accounting documents are cleared .

These sales orders are hanging  and are visibel in Incomplete order status report.

Looking forward to your help

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Even we faced this problem and corrected the status at table level as affected documents were very less. Please update at status table if the number of documents are less. If this option is not feasible only option left is cancelling all documents till sales order and update pricing as suggested by others.

Regards

Ashok Reddy

former_member471960
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok ,

In Production system , we are not supposed to update tables  as i do not have access . However, Can you please explain me the process steps you have used  and also the table name you have used to update the prices .

Regards

Veera

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why these areders are there in incomplete orders report when these are delivered and invoiced? Could you check status tab at item level and see which status is incomplete? If possible share screen shot of status tab and document flow. I don't think so orders are incomplete because of price provided that that condition is mandatory and have 0 value. Is this the case with you?

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Without reversing invoice we can't update price and this is standard bevaior which is logical too. For your scenario I am wondering why would you want to change price for a line item or order which is alrady invoiced and posted to FI. What difference would it make to change price in sale order when this has already been posted in FI?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

As Tomas has mentioned, you can update the pricing in the sales document only after cancelling the invoice. As far as I know it is not necessary to cancel the delivery also.

Once the invoice is cancelled, update the pricing in the sales order and then recreate the invoice document for the sales order.

Regards,

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veera,

according to my knowledge and experience the reason why the price cannot be updated is the issued invoice and the delivery. I would suggest to cancel the invoice, then to cancel the delivery and then to change the pricing.

Please let me know whether this helped 🙂

Best regards

Tomas