Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide unnecessary HANA views?

ketan_patel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

My HANA modeler has created more than 20 views (8 Attribute, 8 Analytical and 2 Calculation views) under “PKC” package but my requirement

1.       For HANA super user; when they logs in to HANA modeling; To hide 8 attribute and 8 analytical views and just make 2 calculation views visible

2.       For HANA modeler; seeing all views without any restrictions

I did create a role with package level “PKS” and object privileges restricted to “2 calculation views” (Without creating an analytical privilege) but when HANA super user logs in; seeing all 20 views of PKS package as if he/she is HANA modeler.

Please advise how to restrict HANA view level access. Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

~Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

First see what are the different privileges the super user owns and remove the privileges which are not required.

Regards

Raj

ketan_patel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Raj and Krishna,

Super user don't have any other roles assigned such as Modeling. It has only public and a custom role that resticts access to "PKS" and a particular calculation view.

Also i did create an Analytical privilege with single calculation view restiction and assigned it to a custom role but still no success.

Thanks,

~Ketan

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

What are the package privileges you have granted? Only REPO.READ should be given .

Object Privileges:

1) SELECT ON _SYS_BI,_SYS_BIC

2) EXECUTE ON REPOSITORY_REST

Package Privileges:

1) REPO.READ on the package

Analytic Privileges:

1) The Analytic Privilege only on that specific models

Can you confirm that you have assigned only the above access?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

ketan_patel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Thanks for your detail response. I've followed exactly the steps given by you plus assigned "Public" role though a super user test account seeing all HANA models.

Just wondering - did it work when you try to replicate the same on your end?

Please share your thoughts/ideas to resolve this. Appericiate all your assistance/help.

Thanks,

~Ketan

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

Is the super user having "Modeller" role assigned to him?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu