cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Material Planning in Networks"

0 Kudos

I want to use the Mat. Planning field of an activity to do preliminary material cost planning as I do not know the exact cost of my components right away. Several months from now once Engineering has released a spec and we get a quote from a vendor we will add the component to the network and give it a real price.

According to F1 help of this Mat. Planning field, it sounds like exactly what I need:

• Tcode: CJ20N
  • Choose activity -> assignments tab -> Mat Planning field
  • The help says:

Perfect, that sounds exactly what I want.

To test, I did the following:

• Enter $1,000 in my Mat Planning
  • Add a component to the activity:
  • Run MRP to create requisition
  • Set price of $900 in requisition

I then ran PS Report S_ALR_87013533 to check the planned costs, and this is what it gave:

• Plan: $1070 - O.K. (the 1000 I planned plus $70 which is an automatic 7% material overhead that the system calculates)
  • Actual: $0 - O.K. (No GR or IR yet)
  • Commitment: $900 - O.K. (I have a requisition for this amount)
  • RemOrdPlan $1070 - Not O.K.? (I would have expected this to be 1070 - 900 = $170, but I'm not certain what RemOrderPlan represents)
  • Assigned: $1970 - Not O.K. (i've only assigned 900?)
  • Available: -$900 - Not O.K. (I have $170 available)

It looks like I have an overrun of $900, which is incorrect.

What did I do wrong? Why doesn't the expected material cost of $170 appear in this report? (Am I using the wrong report?)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How was the $900 PR created?

0 Kudos

Hi Ken, I created the PR by running MRP for the project. I then set the price of $900 in the PR that the system generated and saved it.

EDIT: I want to mention that the requisition MRP generated has an account assignment category Q and is linked to the WBS element of my activity.